10 years ago today....

Just come up on my Facebook memories. The shot if mario being dragged about but not giving the slightest fuck us the best photo of all time.
As you say, this is the day the tide turned. Ten years though. Crazy. I wish I was that age now!

1618546744967.jpeg

Yeah the time has flown by.
It used to go a lot slower when we were shit lol

A great day. I had to coach my daughter's football team that day and could not watch the match except for the first 10 minutes or so. And it did not look good then. I had my son stay behind and give me updates. At HT in my daughter's game, he texted "1-0. Yayaaaaaa!" and I jumped around on the sideline like a mad thing in front of some bemused 10 year old's and their parents. So I gathered myself and sent the team out. (We won 4-2 BTW). As internet was spotty at best out there, I kept texting my son: 'What's the damn score? Is it still 1-0? etc." No response. I felt like killing him. Even though it may have been some bad signal... Anyway, usually I would bring the girls out for doughnuts after a game but this time I delegated it to one of the parents - "Sorry but this week, I really have to go!" Game ended; pleasantries completed. Raced home. My son was sitting in front of the TV with a big shit-eating grin. I screamed at him: 'WTF? Did you not get my texts? Who won?..." He looked a bit confused at first.

Then he just smiled and said: 'Did you not get my texts Dad? We did it. We did it." First time I had ever heard him say "We" when it came to City. I didn't care about missed texts then...

I shed a little tear. Actually quite a few. I knew then that we were at a turning point. A tipping point really. And I was able to reschedule my daughter's game the day of the final. Wasn't missing the chance for our first trophy in 35 years.

The final was cathartic. My kids and I did the Poznan in our living room. But this game was really where it all began. Wish I had seen the whole thing live, but I saw my little girl score a cracker instead. Best of both worlds I think. Just a great great day.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot: fuck you Rio. :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.