10 years ago today....

Fuckin Rags, only saw one transit with Rags in on way down but Wembley was swarming with wannabe hard men looking for it, cunts.

We were there to enjoy the day, they had nipped out from wherever to act like arseholes.

what a top day out

tried to get in the green man but it was full but happily ended up one of the first on the roundabout with cans from the tesco!

10 fucking years eh...maddness

The day everything changed and I was privileged to say I was there.

Got picked up at 7.30am outside Atlas bar on deansgate and was immediately given a can of cider!! The minibus drove down to Watford and we parked at the flag pub next to the train station. Headed to Walkabout in the centre which had been hired out by a City supporters group and it was absolutely rocking. Stay in there for a few hours then got the train to Wembley.

While waiting for the train on the opposite platform the Stoke city team got off and I remember there being a bit of trouble between us and rag fans.

Got into Wembley and and the concourse atmosphere was almost feral and everyone seemed up for it. The Poznan before kick off was incredible, the entire end was shaking.

The game it's self was a bit of a blur. Remember Hart's save against Berbatov and when Yaya scored there was just absolute scenes. I went down about 3 rows! For 90 minutes there was just non stop signing and it was racous. Remember the Utd fire drill at the end and my voice was so horase I could talk for about half an hour!

On train back to Watford City fans were hugging and signing which each other and we ended back at the flag which had a heavy metal night but a city fan managed to get the DJ play bluemoon which was brilliant as the heavy metal fans didn't know what the fuck was happening and a load of us sigining it at the top of our voices!

Waited for the other lads to get back from Wembley then bombed it back to Manchester. Got home about 2am then immediately watched the game back. 21 hour day but worth every single minute.

One of the best days of my life

Bless the rags, their fans were still giving it out and playing it down as it’s only the Fa cup. It was a prequel to a devastating earth quake 13 months after in May 2012 and probably the moment the slide began to happen to where they are now.

Never take any success for granted as you never know when it can come to a grinding stop.

Quite simply a wonderful day. It was a bit hairy before the game so after the final whistle, I decided to squeeze every drop of celebration out in case it was kicking off outside. I was with my Dad and eldest lad who was 10 at the time so didn't fancy getting caught up in it.

A photographer was watching me act the clown and took this for the Mirror newspaper of the three of us. One of my favourite ever photos.

aa Club Wembley.jpg

The goal celebration was absolutely nuclear. One of the most charged up I can ever remember

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.