10 years ago today....

MASSIVE celebration when we scored. I can remember that, and the moody atmosphere. I had an old-school city shirt on and was attracting unwanted attention from the rags pre-kickoff. Not worn colours to Wembley since.

Also we were witness to a brutal assault by a United fan on a blue in the car park after the game. A complete sucker punch on an undefended person minding his own business. The police were involved and took statements. Put a bit of a downer on an otherwise incredible day.

Was there and loved it.. looked at highlights, Balotelli would have had a pen with VAR for the shirt pulling..truthfully 1/9/08 was the day it changed though.. The Sheikh buys us and we buy Robinho..what a day that was.

Haha! Class! This picture came up on my Facebook memories too. What a fookin day, and as people have already said. The exact point the tide started turning, still intrigued to this day what kicked that off haha.
I had a perfect view of what started it, Mario was in the centre circle at the final whistle and all he did was get hold of the bottom of his shirt and flap it in the general direction of the departing rag fans. The worst Brazilian footballer I've ever seen took exception for some reason and started the kerfuffle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.