100 years ago today - Our first legend played his last game

Gary James

100 years ago today the great Billy Meredith played his last competitive game. He was an absolute legend of the game and led Manchester to its first major trophy (us in 1904 of course). Utd often try to claim him as theirs but he was definitely more blue than red and I met his daughter (who was almost 100 at the time) and interviewed his grandson Ian Pringle who said it was City that was 'his' club.

Follow the link:

Already posted these 2 threads this morning @Gary James

100 years ago today the great Billy Meredith played his last competitive game. He was an absolute legend of the game and led Manchester to its first major trophy (us in 1904 of course). Utd often try to claim him as theirs but he was definitely more blue than red and I met his daughter (who was almost 100 at the time) and interviewed his grandson Ian Pringle who said it was City that was 'his' club.

Follow the link:

This can't be true.
We have no history

I've read many articles about the original Welsh wizard in the past, playing games with a toothpick, being on the railways advertising billboards scoring the winning goal in the 1904 fa cup final(which he obliged) and riding his bike from north Wales to training at City every training session. And I've also read on numerous occasions of his dislike of the shitheads. He didn't want to join the bastards but had too because of our predicament(ie being stiched up)of the time. He couldn't wait to rejoin us when the chance arised. He really was CTID.

I've read many articles about the original Welsh wizard in the past, playing games with a toothpick, being on the railways advertising billboards scoring the winning goal in the 1904 fa cup final(which he obliged) and riding his bike from north Wales to training at City every training session. And I've also read on numerous occasions of his dislike of the shitheads. He didn't want to join the bastards but had too because of our predicament(ie being stiched up)of the time. He couldn't wait to rejoin us when the chance arised. He really was CTID.

1711745641860.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.