1000 Naked Mancunians Required

jrb

I know your not shy. Eepecially those in blocks 109, 110, 111 and SS lower.

Spencer Tunick reveals naked Lowry ambition

Monday, 08 March 2010

American photographer and artist Spencer Tunick, famed for work with huge gatherings of nude volunteers, is coming to Manchester to help celebrate the Lowry's 10th anniversary, with a special nod (or swing) towards the work of the iconic Manchester painter.

Tunick has worked his own particular brand of city-stopping artistic magic across the world, creating installations of nudes in cities such as Barcelona, Montreal and Sydney.

Tunick looks to new body of workHis largest project to date took place in Mexico City in 2007, where he worked with a group of 18,000 naked people.

Now he is seeking 1,000 game volunteers to bare all in eight landmark locations across Manchester over the weekend 1 - 2 May.

The volunteers will be taken on buses (heated, we are told) to the as yet unnamed locations and told of the poses they need to strike.

In a first for the artist, he will use them to 'respond to' the work of LS Lowry, having them pictured on the move, as opposed to standing still or lying down.

He commented in a statement: "Salford and Manchester present an intriguing prospect for my latest UK installation based on both the rich industrial heritage that exists across both cities and the art of LS Lowry.

"LS Lowry’s paintings depicting the mass of everyday people who contributed to the industrial machine of the 20th century also provide an interesting frame of reference in terms of the compositional possibilities of the installations."

Tunick has been commissioned by the Lowry as part of its anniversary celebrations. His work will form the centrepiece of the Everyday People exhibition at the arts centre from 12 June - 26 September.

To find out more, and volunteer, click here. http://www.thelowry.com/events/everyday-people/home/

Homepage_final.jpg

jrb said:
I know your not shy. Eepecially those in blocks 109, 110, 111 and SS lower.

Spencer Tunick reveals naked Lowry ambition

Monday, 08 March 2010

American photographer and artist Spencer Tunick, famed for work with huge gatherings of nude volunteers, is coming to Manchester to help celebrate the Lowry's 10th anniversary, with a special nod (or swing) towards the work of the iconic Manchester painter.

Tunick has worked his own particular brand of city-stopping artistic magic across the world, creating installations of nudes in cities such as Barcelona, Montreal and Sydney.

Tunick looks to new body of workHis largest project to date took place in Mexico City in 2007, where he worked with a group of 18,000 naked people.

Now he is seeking 1,000 game volunteers to bare all in eight landmark locations across Manchester over the weekend 1 - 2 May.

The volunteers will be taken on buses (heated, we are told) to the as yet unnamed locations and told of the poses they need to strike.

In a first for the artist, he will use them to 'respond to' the work of LS Lowry, having them pictured on the move, as opposed to standing still or lying down.

He commented in a statement: "Salford and Manchester present an intriguing prospect for my latest UK installation based on both the rich industrial heritage that exists across both cities and the art of LS Lowry.

"LS Lowry’s paintings depicting the mass of everyday people who contributed to the industrial machine of the 20th century also provide an interesting frame of reference in terms of the compositional possibilities of the installations."

Tunick has been commissioned by the Lowry as part of its anniversary celebrations. His work will form the centrepiece of the Everyday People exhibition at the arts centre from 12 June - 26 September.

To find out more, and volunteer, click here. http://www.thelowry.com/events/everyday-people/home/

Homepage_final.jpg

Outside the Lowry.....take it no fat people will be needed then ;)

Just imagine for one moment. Somebody gets hold of one of those rubber Fergie masks, bends down, pops it on and stands near the front just before the picture is taken. The picture gets published and Fergie's stood there naked in the crowd. Lol!

I'd volunteer , but my mainspring's broken at present , and i blush easily!

jrb said:
Just imagine for one moment. Somebody gets hold of one of those rubber Fergie masks, bends down, pops it on and stands near the front just before the picture is taken. The picture gets published and Fergie's stood there naked in the crowd. Lol!

Could i not do it in a Mancini mask? I don't want to make Fergison look good! ;)

GStar said:
jrb said:

Could i not do it in a Mancini mask? I don't want to make Fergison look good! ;)
no worrys there Chris, not if your going off these photos that are on the phone I bought off you. ;D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.