100th post - your favourite city memory

Pingu the Penguin

Long time lurker, finally wracked up 100 posts!

So, what is your favourite city moment?

Mine is quite recent - was on hold in Australia for the Derby. Didn't watch the game live due to where I was (basically in the bush). No internet. No mobile battery.

Woke up morning after and was scouring the TV channels for some sort of score update. No joy.

So, went off to make some brekkie. Overheard the TV news move onto the sports section and I heard the immortal phrase "Overnight there has been a shift in the balance of power in English football".

I began to smile, cos clearly we'd won. But when I got to the telly I just saw goal after goal after goal fly in.

We'd done it......I hope...!

CTID

I have two.

Winning the FA Cup when we beat Leicester, I was 7 years old and watched it with my Grandad on a Black and White TV.

The other, winning it this year and thinking back over how far we had all come and all the lows we had suffered and how long we have had to wait.

True faith and true fans.

Love the username as well mate.

Also go with beating the rags at wembley also being in CB3 the the time i enjoyed tevez's cupped ears in the CC semi final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.