The 100/104 goal chase

Always the possibility that we play sides that are demotivated by virtue of being already relegated or their survival is secured. We could conceivably rack up a ridiculously high number of goals in some of our remaining games.

i think we will smash 5 past one of Huddersfield, Brighton or Swansea.

That will leave 14 to get in 5 games.

I can honestly see 11 plus goals in the above 3 games. That's would take us to 96. Means we need 8 from West Ham (2) Rags (1) Spurs (1) Everton (2) and Saints (2) = 104!

Its going to be tight!

Just about doable though.

I can honestly see 11 plus goals in the above 3 games. That's would take us to 96. Means we need 8 from West Ham (2) Rags (1) Spurs (1) Everton (2) and Saints (2) = 104!

Its going to be tight!

Huddersfield will be on holiday when we play them, West Ham may well be relegated and Everton have been on some hidings to top teams (5 vs Arsenal, 4 v Spurs) recently.

Wouldn't surprise me if we put 3 or 4 past Spurs again, we know Pochettino is going to be aggressive and press high, which will give us lots of chances to counter. Could be a high-scoring game.

Yes Pep has said it was a mistake at Bayern. Players need to be fresh but not totally rested, so there will be rotation and minor injuries won't be risked.
AFTER Gundogan's performance against Chelsea, my only real concern is left back so Pep needs to get Laporte playing there as an option because Zinchenko isn't good enough against the best.

Actually Pep has rotated less in 13/14 than Heynckes did in 12/13 - the key players even played a lot more Saturday matches than they did in the year before. But whereas Heynckes had his bench eleven ready for the last months and had prepared them since months getting even the third/fourth league teams around midweek to do friendlies with them - Pep let a lot of his regulars play with totally newbies as soon as we won the league. You can see even today that Heynckes uses the full team much more than any coach before. Apart from the goalkeeper no player has played more than 80% - and even Lewy and Kimmich would have played less if not both Bernat, Alaba and Müller would not have been injured or there would have been a striker replacement before winter. And even the benchiest bench player Bayern has with Rudy has gotten around 1300 minutes matchtime in all competitions.

And about injuries - every injury takes 2 weeks longer with Heynckes as he is absolutely careful with his players. The period from muscle injury to return to running and return to team training stayed the same - but whereas Pep let the players play again short after they are in team training Heynckes waits another 2 weeks...

Yes Pep has said it was a mistake at Bayern. Players need to be fresh but not totally rested, so there will be rotation and minor injuries won't be risked.
AFTER Gundogan's performance against Chelsea, my only real concern is left back so Pep needs to get Laporte playing there as an option because Zinchenko isn't good enough against the best.

If we concede we will score more. See Liverpool game. Play Gundy at LB!!!

Its going to be tight!

Wouldn't be surprised if we put a few past Spurs as they will actually leave space unlike most of the other teams we play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.