The 100/104 goal chase

To my mind it's not a case of will we, more of will we want to. If you take the second half against Arsenal ('resting'), after we scored against Chelsea (protecting lead and stopping the counter) and the lat 20 mins against Stoke ('resting' again) we were't much bothered about scoring.
Had we played our usual game in those minutes we could probably have scored four or so more.
If they carry on with a similar mindset we could end up on 99!

I think the focus will almost be all on the Champions League. Pep and the players will all know that there is a huge opportunity to win it this season.

If the 100s are to be achieved I expect it will just come naturally and be achieved by teams picked with the Champions League fixtures very much in mind. I dont expect to see the foot being taken off the pedal as such, but certainly much more use of the squad than would be the case were United just a couple of points (Yes I know) behind.

Actually Pep has rotated less in 13/14 than Heynckes did in 12/13 - the key players even played a lot more Saturday matches than they did in the year before. But whereas Heynckes had his bench eleven ready for the last months and had prepared them since months getting even the third/fourth league teams around midweek to do friendlies with them - Pep let a lot of his regulars play with totally newbies as soon as we won the league. You can see even today that Heynckes uses the full team much more than any coach before. Apart from the goalkeeper no player has played more than 80% - and even Lewy and Kimmich would have played less if not both Bernat, Alaba and Müller would not have been injured or there would have been a striker replacement before winter. And even the benchiest bench player Bayern has with Rudy has gotten around 1300 minutes matchtime in all competitions.

And about injuries - every injury takes 2 weeks longer with Heynckes as he is absolutely careful with his players. The period from muscle injury to return to running and return to team training stayed the same - but whereas Pep let the players play again short after they are in team training Heynckes waits another 2 weeks...
You know, I am starting to get the feeling that you do not have a very high opinion of Pep—but an extremely favourable opinion of Heynckes—and that may *just* shade your analysis of Pep’s management a bit.

I could be wrong, of course—there’s not much evidence for this, after all.

If we finish on 99 goals Sterling has a lot to answer for!!

I said the other night at Stoke that I’d be sending him a bill if we fall short of 100 goals. Jesus missing a penalty at home to Spurs didn’t help but Sterling even managed to scoop the rebound over the bar that day!

To even things out I have to say his winners against Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton have certainly been welcomed. A few more between now and the end of the season Raheem please!!

out of the 8 games we have to play i think city will win a couple of the teams by 4 or 5 and the 6 other game just winning will be enough

Just had a very conservative tally up of the remaining games and got to 19. We need 15 for the 100 (my bet) and 18 for the 103. I hope we smash em both. COME ON CITY! !

I said the other night at Stoke that I’d be sending him a bill if we fall short of 100 goals. Jesus missing a penalty at home to Spurs didn’t help but Sterling even managed to scoop the rebound over the bar that day!

To even things out I have to say his winners against Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton have certainly been welcomed. A few more between now and the end of the season Raheem please!!
Are you sending him part of your winnings if you win the bet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.