10th Anniversary. What were you doing when you found out?

Seeing the self righteous smug smirks on the faces of my odious rag relatives - from whom I’d been enduring Terry Christian like stick for over a decade - gradually turn from looks of sheer panic to despair, throughout the day, as it slowly dawned on them what was about to happen.

Priceless!!

I was fishing on the Wye at Ross. Not really catching much, listening to talk shite on my radio.

Suddenly I heard- "Breaking news!"
Manchester City have been taken over by ADUG who are reputed to be worth around 550 billion pounds"....

I was speechless, couldn't believe what I was hearing..... Rang my mate who was fishing about 100m away .-
"Quick mate come to my peg ASAP"..
"Why, have you caught a big fish mate?"..... No just come here, something on the radio you might like"..... He walked over..... "Just listen to this mate"...... "Fuckin 'ell, get in there!!"

My blue other mate heard the commotion and came over.... Then our 3 rag mates appeared one by one.
We blues were jubilant, and I felt like Charlie Bucket unwrapping a wonka bar to win the last golden ticket!

As the takeover news unfolded to reveal we wasn't on drugs, our raggy mates all looked sick as a dog!

We ripped them in the pub later that evening. And they still look sick as dogs nowadays. They don't seem to rip us blues anymore, shame really.lol.

I was in hospital. Went under the knife late in the afternoon, and then pretty much slept right the way through til the next morning. First I knew of it was when my kids came to visit and said “Daddy, daddy, we’ve bought Robinho”, at which I scoffed and they followed up with “We’ve been taken over by a rich Arab!” Nice little wake up present!

I was at Wet n Wild water park in Orlando. Got a text of my mate, then my phone never stopped. All the bids being texted to me. Then got one in the Evening... it just said ‘fucking Robinho £32m’. I spent all night on the Internet on my company Blackberry.

I'd been in negotiations to prevent an upcoming strike. Management tried to stall and take the piss. During the 4 the adjournment my brother text me that said City have just become the richest club in the world. I thought he was taking the piss. Tried to log on here and I think the server had blown.

Last edited by a moderator:
First day back at work after the summer hols
Spent the day in meetings until my daughter sent me a text to say “have you seen the news about City?”.
Text her back and found out what was going on, drove straight home (early) and spent the whole night glued to Sky Sports News. Went to bed about 1am thinking where could I get a Brasil shirt with Robinho on the back in genuine letters and numbers.

at work ,when my son phoned "dad city have been taken over we are the richest club in the world

what a day ,what a fantastic 10 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.