How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we were very fortunate to beat Dortmund, we were largely bobbins. Despite that, taking our chances would have ended with a 4/5-1 win and we could have played a stronger team today and won. League on track and CL sorted, we make it unnecessarily hard for ourselves with too many unenforced errors when it matters.
We were fortunate to beat Dortmund... But could of won 5-1 .
????

The problems always when the rags are playing is the help they get from referees , you can never assume that they wont get an underserved free kick, penalty etc.

On a level playing field they wouldn't have made top 4 last season, and without the generous decisions this season would probably be no higher than mid table.

On ability alone they are pretty predictable and ordinary with shit tactics .
No need help from referees with this team of Murinio....spuds are just a mediocrity...

No need help from referees with this team of Murinio....spuds are just a mediocrity...

Perhaps Mourinho will set the team up to stop the kick and rush which the rags favour so much.He used to be superb at such tactics but the gloss seems to have gone these days, and he chases the money when he's inevitably sacked.

Harry Hotspur icheatins probably ahead of Maguire in the cheating stakes and could well stick one in and nick the points.

Fingers crossed.

Even more reason to rest Dias in my humble opinion. A knock to him and/or Stones and we’re in a spot of bother.

It’s all risk reward.. I personally think that 11 was good enough to risk it. 29 shots to 2 kind of confirms it. I actually posted it was going to be one of those games at about 50 odd minutes in the match thread. It had the feeling it was going that way. Fielding our strongest 11 definitely lowers the already low odds of having “one of those days” but doesn’t totally eliminate them.

Basically we could be facing the same situation without any key players being rested.

The risk was worth the reward in my book and we got unlucky in this particular battle but it could prove valuable in winning multiple wars. I suppose we will find that out by the end of next month.
Maybe even by the end of this month.

I don’t see it that way.. that goal wasn’t conceded to personnel and more due to leaving ourselves wide open due to trying get a winner... neither of which the inclusion of Dias would have changed.

Also... I really do think the Laporte injury is more reason to protect defenders for a crutch tie.

All my opinion though.
It was the correct decision to rest all those players, who didn’t start today.

The Premier League is a marathon, not a sprint, but the other three competitions are all sudden death.

It is imperative that we go into the Dortmund game as fresh as possible.

We have chances to make amends for today, but there is no coming back if we lose in Germany.

Last edited:
We were fortunate to beat Dortmund... But could of won 5-1 .
????

Fine margins. We were dreadful for large spells, we got lucky Bellingham was pinged for a fair tackle and then we had a 15 minute spell where we missed 3/4 simple chances. The elite teams take them, Benzema didn't need asking twice tonight.

Dortmund should have knocked the stuffing out of us given how poorly we played, so we were lucky they didn't but then let them off the hook by squandering our chances. Difference is Dortmund are demonstrably a bit shit this season and we're supposed to be CL favourites. We need to start playing like it again.

I think Pep was expected to rest several players today for a very obvious reason. Dortmund are the priority clearly. Even though today did not go as expected the rags still have to win their two games in hand to reduce our lead and three more than City do before we have to win another point. Our lead is still a handsome - and possibly a decisive - one. If it is intact when we play Villa Pep can rotate as much as ever: if not ... might be a different story.

But today's changes seem to me to have caused some possible problems for Wednesday. Today's team included all our left backs; Cancelo and Zinchenko played all 90 minutes, Mendy all but 15 and Ake was substituted after an hour for tactical reasons. I assume Pep does not intend to play a back three and we don't know Laporte is fit yet to play anywhere on Wednesday. So, left back?

The others to play all 90 minutes were Ferna, Bernado, Jesus and Raheem. At 36 Ferna cannot play twice in three days which is a shame because his influence alongside Rodri in what may be a tense last 20 minutes or so. And Bernado would appear to be pencilled in to start on Wednesday either in midfield or up front as a false 9. Jesus also played all 90 but may be brought on against Dortmund to replace Bernardo probably.

As our game next week end is the semi I presume rotation will not be great since we cannot afford to lose, which could could cause difficulties of selection for the league game against Villa. A Spurs victory tomorrow would therefore be very welcome.
I suspect that Aké was only ever going to play around an hour today, after all, it was his first football since Boxing Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.