How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dias plays the rest of the season we will not concede goals like the ones Leeds scored.
If Pep refrains from playing Fernandinho at centre back it would be a big help. I think we can rest Dias as long as his replacement is a recognised centre back. Ake Laporte and Stones are all good defenders. The one advantage with Dias is he appears to be a leader and reins in Cancelo and Walker when they tend to go a bit "headless" at times

I think we might see the reserves for the LC final and I don’t think we can complain because the fixture list is crazy and if we play strong teams for all of them we could very fatigued.
Not a chance. Finals are what we play football for!

If Pep refrains from playing Fernandinho at centre back it would be a big help. I think we can rest Dias as long as his replacement is a recognised centre back. Ake Laporte and Stones are all good defenders. The one advantage with Dias is he appears to be a leader and reins in Cancelo and Walker when they tend to go a bit "headless" at times
Yes its Dias' presence and leadership which gives a solidity to the team. De Bruyne last week mentioned the huge contribution our defence has brought to our game. No doubt he's alluding to Dias

There he's gone and done it ...

Was it in reply to the question that they haven't beaten Burnley at Old Trafford in last FOUR seasons? or was it that their next three are Burnley-Leeds and Liverpool? I'd be very surprised if they can take 9 pts from those three. I am thinking 3-6 points max from those three.

PS. Oh and another two Thursdays that they have booked for themselves, they won't even win the Europa League ... feel free to bookmark this!

There he's gone and done it ...

Was it in reply to the question that they haven't beaten Burnley at Old Trafford in last FOUR seasons? or was it that their next three are Burnley-Leeds and Liverpool? I'd be very surprised if they can take 9 pts from those three. I am thinking 3-6 points max from those three.

PS. Oh and another two Thursdays that they have booked for themselves, they won't even win the Europa League ... feel free to bookmark this!

It's about looking at the teams who are on the beach. I look at us and I think Villa, Palace and most likely Newcastle and Brighton will be there when we come to play them.

United have to play Leeds, Villa, Fulham and Wolves who will likely be in a similar position.

It might be worth noting that in 18/19 we had a ridiculously tight schedule for the last 3 months and still managed to win our final 14 league games consecutively to win the league ahead of an incredibly strong Liverpool team.

So it's certainly possible to not blow a big lead to United of all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.