How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said all along if we came through.....

Burnley.w
Liverpool.w
Spurs.w
Everton.w
Arsenal.w
West Ham.w
Wolves.?
United.?

unbeaten, the PL is won.

With Southampton and Fulham to follow?

Said all along if we came through.....

Burnley.w
Liverpool.w
Spurs.w
Everton.w
Arsenal.w
West Ham.w
Wolves.?
United.?

unbeaten, the PL is won.

With Southampton and Fulham to follow?
Piece of cake

The real advantage as I see it is in the fact we could rest players in league and concentrate on winning the CL. Could end up being a great season
Within reason, let our intensity and rhythm drop too much domestically and we'll end up getting caught cold by a top side in Europe, happened to Guardiola at Bayern a couple of times when they wrapped the league up early.

agree slip up v Wolves and United could be playing against us to get it back to 6 points. Huge week.
It would be a travesty if we won 20 games on the spin, then two on the trot to find ourselves only 6 clear of that utter shambles.

FWIW I think we’ll breeze both games

I think it’s fairly safe to say the minimum we will end the season with us the league title which I’d have snatched your hand off for in August.

A league cup final that we (should) win

An FA Cup that we are odds-on to win (albeit we’ll probably have to beat Chelsea or United at some point)

A CL where were as good as through to the quarters and looking like we have the perfect balance of attack/defence for European football.

Not getting too carried away but now that we can afford to rotate the team in the league we have a serious chance of doing all 4 and Pep knows it.
Agreed! I would have happily accepted a league back in august too...This year CL is bit easier since barca madrid are absolute wank. PSG, bayern, atletico were the concern and seems atletico is done too and PSG have a new manager. Lets Hope!

I think they lose a huge amount of their Adidas sponsorship too if they don’t qualify for CL. That means strong sides in Europa League too. They have some hard games left. CL qualification is not a given.
No, true enough. I don't think any of the teams scrapping for 4th are consistent enough to put any real pressure on them, though, and certainly not 3 of them being consistent enough to squeeze them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.