How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 week is a long time in football. Nothing is done yet. We are looking good but 1 game at a time and just see what happens.

Utd led by 8 points towards the end of the 2011/12 (albeit I think we had a game in hand) and dropped points against Wigan, Everton and us.

1 week is a long time in football. Nothing is done yet. We are looking good but 1 game at a time and just see what happens.

Utd led by 8 points towards the end of the 2011/12 (albeit I think we had a game in hand) and dropped points against Wigan, Everton and us.
Yup city fans know first hand its not over till it’s over but chewing gum whisky nose lost 8 points lead and what makes you think squeezed lemon can over take 12 points gap?
Look at all these raggy cunts and tell me who is willing to stand up and fight ?

Did some simulations based on probabilities according to the place each team is now(i can do it according to betting companies too but they do not have for all matches):

From 20000 runs of the championship(i.e 20000 championships from now on), Manchester City won 19729 and lost 271, i.e won 98.65 % of them.
Average points of 1st place were 85.8 while for 2nd place 73.0

Assuming the upcoming ManCity - Utd ends in a United win, results are:
From 20000 runs of the championship Manchester City won 19696 and lost 304, i.e won 98.48 % of them.
Average points of 1st place were 84.3 while for 2nd place 73.7

(I did have inside though the home team small bias/advantage, but in the COVID19 world right now this is eliminated so if i remove it then points for 1st and 2nd place will go up i guess)

Last edited:
Yup city fans know first hand its not over till it’s over but chewing gum whisky nose lost 8 points lead and what makes you think squeezed lemon can over take 12 points gap?
Look at all these raggy cunts and tell me who is willing to stand up and fight ?

It's City. We could 5 mins away from a league Title and I'd still be worried. lol

Did some simulations based on probabilities according to the place each team is now(i can do it according to betting companies too but they do not have for all matches):

From 20000 runs of the championship(i.e 20000 championships from now on), Manchester City won 19729 and lost 271, i.e won 98.65 % of them.
Average points of 1st place were 85.8 while for 2nd place 73.0

Assuming the upcoming ManCity - Utd ends in a United win, results are:
From 20000 runs of the championship Manchester City won 19696 and lost 304, i.e won 98.48 % of them.
Average points of 1st place were 84.3 while for 2nd place 73.7

It's City. We could 5 mins away from a league Title and I'd still be worried. lol
Haha. I was nervous for the entire run in two years ago, when we won our last 14. Only when we were 3-1 up at Brighton could I relax a little.

During the Centurions season, even though we had won the league, I was nervous for the 100 points. In typical City fashion, they kept us all on tenterhooks right up to the last minute. I preferred this one though, and will be happy when we are mathematically certain to win the league.

Haha. I was nervous for the entire run in two years ago, when we won our last 14. Only when we were 3-1 up at Brighton could I relax a little.

During the Centurions season, even though we had won the league, I was nervous for the 100 points. In typical City fashion, they kept us all on tenterhooks right up to the last minute. I preferred this one though, and will be happy when we are mathematically certain to win the league.

Thats was torture that run in knowing we were walking a tight rope and any slip up could let those dippers back in. I thought we’d slipped up after an ordinary first half at old Trafford in the derby then we came out the second half and destroyed them. More on the same Sunday please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.