How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure what you're hoping to achieve there, to be honest. Those comments were made on the last day of november. I'm guessing that we may well have been nearer to mid table than the top back then, points wise. Could you, or anybody, on that monday, have predicted that we'd win 19 out of our next 22 PL games? Or that Liverpool would crash and burn the way they did in jan/feb? I certainly wouldn't have. Yes; looking back now, some of those predictions were on the high side. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
quote: peacefrog : 30 nov 2020

i think pep will change the system, i can see us going on a great run of unbeaten games, we will then get beat off united at home 2-0,with jesus giving away a first minute penalty, however we will then go on an unbeaten run to claim an unprecedented quadruple, i also feel we will hear that sergio will leave the club,and we will need something like 11 points to win the league on the 6/4/21 , just my opinion.

that's what i posted on the first page : )

i think pep will change the system, i can see us going on a great run of unbeaten games, we will then get beat off united at home 2-0,with jesus giving away a first minute penalty, however we will then go on an unbeaten run to claim an unprecedented quadruple, i also feel we will hear that sergio will leave the club,and we will need something like 11 points to win the league on the 6/4/21 , just my opinion.

What a load of rubbish .

:)

I opted for 80-85 sometime around then as well. It's looking that 75-80 will probably be the correct window now.
I looked at the number of away wins and while its a small sample believed that given the trend would continue with no fans it would be nigh impossible for two sides to crack 85 points despite Liverpool's good start.

I must admit I never predicted a Liverpool implosion despite no regular first choice CB's for the majority of the season , congrats to those that did.

After our first 13 games I though we would struggle to get to 76 points which could still be the figure.

No one likes a smart arse.

Trust me; I know.
:-(

You said for the bookies to have to pay out £1000 on City, someone would have to bet £999 (or near as dammit)

For the bookies to pay out £1000 on City, would a punter not have to put a bet of 1000 x £1000 or am I reading it wrong

No, if I went to the bookies today and put £999 on City at 1/1000, and you put £6.66 on the scum at 150/1, then the bookie would have £1005.66 and he would be guaranteed to have to pay out exactly £1000 to one of us when it's settled (again, ignoring other teams to simplify the maths). He would be guaranteed a profit of £5.66 whoever won it which is a profit margin of just 0.566%.

Worth noting that that profit margin is ridiculously small - it's normally somewhere in the region of 6% to 20% for most events, which indicates that there is absolutely zero money in the market for the bookies, which in itself is as good an indication as it gets that the league is done and dusted.

You are right that for the bookies to lose £1000, someone would have to bet 1000 x £1000, i.e.£1 million which puts it into perspective!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.