13 year old Burnley fan at the centre of racism towards Spurs,Son

Idiot teenager, but education is the right response with someone of that age (well any age really).

For the record, I don't think it's spiralling out of control any more than it ever was, it's just more visible now with more games televised and more cameras on the crowds.

Everton are investigating homophobic chanting too.

Idiot teenager, but education is the right response with someone of that age (well any age really).

For the record, I don't think it's spiralling out of control any more than it ever was, it's just more visible now with more games televised and more cameras on the crowds.

Everton are investigating homophobic chanting too.
It did seem to disappear for a while though,but you`re probably right that its more visible with all the cameras in position.Problem for me is that you seldom hear of this in rugby and cricket.Perhaps its just football that attracts the nob-heads.

It did seem to disappear for a while though,but you`re probably right that its more visible with all the cameras in position.Problem for me is that you seldom hear of this in rugby and cricket.Perhaps its just football that attracts the nob-heads.
I think there's a number of reasons. Football is inherently tribal and has a long history of abusing opposition players and fans. For the most part, this is basically a harmless pantomime, but inevitably some people take it too far. And not just on racism, with things like chanting about the Munich disaster or Hillsborough. There's definitely an attitude amongst some (see Italian clubs' response to racism) that anything that winds up the opposition is fair play. Another aspect is that football simply has more black players than a lot of other sports. It's hard to racially abuse the 15 white public schoolboys on the opposing rugby team. And obviously those sports simply aren't as visible, so any incidents that do occur are less likely to get noticed or widely reported. Fighting is a regular occurrence at Royal Ascot, but nobody points to horse racing having a problem.

Expressed through football, but a wider societal issue globally.

I think there's a number of reasons. Football is inherently tribal and has a long history of abusing opposition players and fans. For the most part, this is basically a harmless pantomime, but inevitably some people take it too far. And not just on racism, with things like chanting about the Munich disaster or Hillsborough. There's definitely an attitude amongst some (see Italian clubs' response to racism) that anything that winds up the opposition is fair play. Another aspect is that football simply has more black players than a lot of other sports. It's hard to racially abuse the 15 white public schoolboys on the opposing rugby team. And obviously those sports simply aren't as visible, so any incidents that do occur are less likely to get noticed or widely reported. Fighting is a regular occurrence at Royal Ascot, but nobody points to horse racing having a problem.
With being a non betting person on the gee-gee`s anyway,can I take it that the incidents are fuelled by ale/snort and the ability to want to smack a guy who has just taken your hard earned cash. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.