15.00 City vs Dortmund UYL (on City+)

I don't share the same optimism about Borges as some on here. Every time I have seen him he seems to want to push it past the defender & beat him purely with pace. When he's denied space to use his pace he doesn't seem to have any trickery to get past a defender. To make it at the top level you have got to have more than raw pace. I'm aware that others have probably seen more of him than I have & would gladly be proved wrong.

Kind of agree, based on that performance. Was expecting more - don't get me wrong, he's got ability, but he's also raw and got a long way to go.

None of them have the patience the seniors have, but kids eh? It's to be expected I guess.

Any details as regards team and scorers? No doubt we got a red card and them a penalty (or two).
Only guessing on my part but I would assume most of the u17 squad would comprise of the 1st year scholars as below them are the u16's. 4 of them Samuel, Wright, Ndala & Oboavwoduo were involved in the European u19 game. Also Wilkinson said they have about 6 players out injured at the moment. I am assuming looking at the 1st year scholar intake & those who haven't been involved in any match day squads the injured are Carrington, Dada-Mascoll, Simpson-Pusey, Heskey, new signing Lawrence & one other. Wouldn't be surprised if the City team comprised mainly u16s.

A lad I work with couldn't wait to tell me that utd u 17s had beat city 4&3
When I said probably half the team was playing for the u 19s he said you're always going with excuses

A lad I work with couldn't wait to tell me that utd u 17s had beat city 4&3
When I said probably half the team was playing for the u 19s he said you're always going with excuses

Hahahaha they’re an unbelievable bunch. Was obviously just a game of 2 halves, and I’m not sure how bothered the clubs will be to get one over in an u17 cup game haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.