15 years ago today

15 years?! Christ, that's made me feel old. What a game that was though. One of my favourite City games of all time. Incredible second half performance.
The only thing that could make that better was having a boss who was a Spurs fan, like what I did!

One of my favourite days of all time.
Mini Goldblatt's first scan, that morning. Fast forward 10 hours, and one of my few Rag friends is sending me grief texts at half time.
Very quiet an hour later.

David Pleat wasn't very happy, too. Looked like he'd just been fined for driving his car very slowly

My big City mate got me in hospitality for this (would have gone anyway) and as it was the FA Cup v City, several members of the Spuds 81 squad were there plus Martin Chivers and his old Dad!! Pat Jennings read the teams out before ko (he struggled with a few names, possibly our goalie being one !!) So 3 down at HT and then learning that the refs chat with JB resulted in his dismissal. Went back in the suite for a cuppa etc, 'knowing' all was lost as Spurs had a very good side out. Thought in that case I'd have a look round the suite to take in the old photos and memorabilia etc, and took a leisurely stroll back to my seat.....no point in rushing back after all......but then heard a cheer and the announcer say 'and with City's first goal of the evening, Sylvan Distain....' Ah, typical City I thought and then witnessed the most amazing 40 odd minutes ever....When it got to 3-3 my mate said to me 'look, we're guests here so if we get the winner just hold back....' I said I'd try but it will be difficult....anyway, the cross comes over Macken heads back across and after a bit of 'slow motion' tension we can see it's going in. I stayed fairly calm out of respect but my mate is jumping all over me, shouting, fists pumping and then I duly joined in. So much for his call for calm !!! A night I'll never forget and typical of the City 'Roller Coaster' of that time

I decided to give this match a miss-big mistake!!
I also,in my wisdom,decided York away.... and burnley away under Mancini (7-1 win)werent worth going to..
I know that feeling. I missed the Huddersfield 10-1 - only home game I missed all season, I missed the recent 9-0 - had to work late and couldn’t get down and I missed this 4-3 because my flight was cancelled. In fact, I am truly astonished I have seen any of the important games - seems every time I miss something extraordinary happens

I remember that game. I Working in London at the time. Tried getting a ticket and ended up watching the game in a boozer in Croydon on my own. About 6 spurs fans in there giving it out and getting giddy . When they realised I was a blue they gave me a load of shit, one in particular was a right gobby ****. 3-0 down at HT I told them we would win even though I feared we'd get a proper hiding. They all thought it hilarious and ridiculed me further with shit "Your fackin shit ya Manc cant" Amongst other things.

We scored early 2nd half and they still sniped away at me. 3-2 and their cocky arrogance quietened down a little. Bang! Shaunie Wright equalised with a belting goal and I went mental. 4th goal went in and they had all slipped out of the door! Great night and one of the best(if not the best) comebacks i've seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.