15 years ago today

Sun Jihai; *hands on head* “unbelievable, fucking hell”

Wow 15 years. I watched it in the beehive in whitefield, jokingly texted my girlfriend at half time saying we was gonna win 4-3, little did I know what was to happen.
I remember going completely insane when macken scored and the rest of the vault lost it too.
Great memories.
We also said we’d win 3-4 at half time. Haha, brilliant!

Posted this 04/02/18 : just in case you missed it ;-)

I was in lower tier with a mate and his son. Both spurs fans. Hang around after the game to watch all the goals on the big screens. I was told that sky cameras zoomed in on them and remarked how miserable they looked considering citys amazing comeback. Happy days. Typical city and probably typical spurs too.

500/1 for city win at half time. Somebody won 25 grand i believe. It was in next days racing post. I will have to dig it out, i kept a copy cuz im pictured running down to the front with other blues when Macken scored.

I received a text at about 9pm from the girlfriend ........ 'goodnight, I hope you had a great time even though city lost' sadly kept that text for about 5 years, much longer than the said girlfriend. (Annette from Maidenhead where are you now) Happy days! sort of.

Yeah I know who it was...I was replying to your 'thought he was a 2 appearance unknown' & suggesting who you meant.

No worries I think we're on different pages on this one but both know the correct answer. :)

No, I meant Arni Arason who saved the freekick and then the follow up header, who made two appearances for us both in the FA Cup and then went onto have 71 caps for Iceland, which was the bit that surprised me as I thought he left us and went off into obscurity and not onto an international career.

I hope that gets us back onto the same page and if not then you will have left me utterly confused lol

I will never forget this night as my lad was fighting his own battle to survive, he was seriously ill in St. Mary's hospital, Paddington, with meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of Meningitis, he was just 9 months old, I had a ticket for the game but couldn’t leave his bedside where I’d been for two weeks solid as he continued to defy the odds with his quest to live, despite him being given an 1/100 chance of survival by the doctors, who had remarkably cared for him so well, I recall the Spurs goals flashing up on my Nokia 6410 and cursing City for the performance, the second half comeback felt like it was sent from above to cheer me up, it did the trick as Harvey started his own miracle come back from the dead, despite serval amputations and loss of a third of each foot he made a near full recovery, he’s now 15 years of age and closing in on his 200th attended City match, I will never forget that match and what it meant to me.

Between us we have now raised over £25,000 for the Meningitis Now Charity x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.