16 months ago we finished 39 points below United

bluenova

39 points behind in 08/09
18 points behind in 09/10

10/11? anyone seriously think we'll be worse off?

Ah well thats okay then. That explains why, with a team consisting of Tevez, Silva, Yaya Toure, and Milner we never once committed more than two players forward in any given 'attack'.
Because two seasons ago, with an entirely differant team, we finished that particular season far behind the scum.

I get a sense there are a few people not overly happy with last night then ;-)

bluenova said:

No, the question is how much does City have to spend to get pass Man u? Compare the two squads, who has the best squad? Now if you say City, then why is 0-0 good result at home? Why give them so much respect. Talk is cheap, no matter what you say, Mancini doesnt believe City can match Man U in an open game, thats why he was so defensive. Would United give City the same amount of respect if it was at their place?

gooney said:
bluenova said:

No, the question is how much does City have to spend to get pass Man u? Compare the two squads, who has the best squad? Now if you say City, then why is 0-0 good result at home? Why give them so much respect. Talk is cheap, no matter what you say, Mancini doesnt believe City can match Man U in an open game, thats why he was so defensive. Would United give City the same amount of respect if it was at their place?

The answer is as much is as needed
The reality is that money is of no relevance to us anymore.

We did not ask for this to be the case but as ALL football fans we did pray.

I have no guilt whatsoever about our fantastic benefactors warchest and neither would any Arsenal fan if you were honest enough to admit it.

bluenova said:

Manure had a better squad in 08/09 aka Ronaldo and we've improved our so it was always going to come down.

All that matters is we qualify for the champs league!

Lucky Toma said:
Ah well thats okay then. That explains why, with a team consisting of Tevez, Silva, Yaya Toure, and Milner we never once committed more than two players forward in any given 'attack'.
Because two seasons ago, with an entirely differant team, we finished that particular season far behind the scum.

gooney said:

No - the point is that United are still the team that have won more premiership titles than the rest of the league put together.

Our squad might arguably be better, but Hart, Kompany, De Jong, Boateng, Zab, Johnson, Milner, Barry and Silva have never played in sides that EXPECT to win every single week.

Sure Mancini is more cautious than we would like, but if at the end of this season we've made another big jump and we're close, or have overtaken one of the top three then that's a major achievement.

We did the double over Utd in 07/08 and still finished 30+ points below them - we're on course to match them soon. Just don't expect us to be world beaters so quickly.

gooney said:
bluenova said:

City does not have to spend anything, all they need is time, which why havent had.
Its good to have all these great players, but teams need to time to gel and I find it very funny reading the drivel from brittish the so called footbal experts. If you dont make yourself hard to beat you have no change. Man Utd did play the same way as City last nite, the different is they have done it for years and years in europe with only one up top. The media like to put a negative spin on everything City does, I live in Iceland and you can not belief the press they get around here it is so negative.
The match was boring to watch but so what I have watch alot of boring games involving the so called topp 4 teams, and no one called Fergie,Wenger,Hullier/Benites or Morinho the names Mancini s getting.
Time is what we need.

toffee balls said:
gooney said:

The answer is as much is as needed
The reality is that money is of no relevance to us anymore.

We did not ask for this to be the case but as ALL football fans we did pray.

I have no guilt whatsoever about our fantastic benefactors warchest and neither would any Arsenal fan if you were honest enough to admit it.
Im not saying you should have any guilt. Im just calling you out on the fact that alot of you claim to have better squad than man u, if thats the case, then you should not be happy with a draw at home against a team you are better.

fbloke said:
I get a sense there are a few people not overly happy with last night then ;-)

Think many are not happy with last night, not deliriously happy, not 2-0 up at The Swamp Fanzone Danny happy, not leaping over the parapet happy, but 'happy' has many hues (no pun intended!), shades and faces. I am quietly happy, thoughtfully happy and happy enough to realise that we move on to better things. I'm on the top deck of the happy bus - a 213 trolley bus to Greenheys!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.