16 | Rodri 2024/25

the
Not to sound a **** but the physios who are probably paid a fortune will know what the protocol is. He was down for a while getting examined so they must have thought it was ok to walk on. Ligament injuries are strange, it sometimes feels like your knee has snapped but seems fine a few minutes later, despite the ligaments being damaged.
physios kinda looked like they were happy for him to go back on as he rubbed his knee on the sidelines

Even if it doesn't turn out to be overly serious, why wasn't he stretchered off when it was a clear knee issue?
Because there is no need you can walk and he will be walking around his house and daily business until it settles enough for the op to happen. Once that is done he will have a brace on for some months to prevent any damage to the repair to allow it to take. But once its snapped then mobility has to be maintained and there is no point immobilising what is not there, if that makes sense?

I remember a basketball player playing with no acl in both knees, didn't last very long at the pros mind you but it's totally possible to walk with no acl
I'm sure I heard in the past that Wes Brown played with no ACL in one knee (for how long I don't know)

You get by it by doing work to strengthen all the muscles around the ACL to compensate

God help us if we lose the ball, no legs to get back, maybe put Rico or Stones in there or Bernardo.
Agreed. Think we're going to see a revival of the W-M formation this season if Rodri's out long-term.

Ederson,
Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol
Stones (or Lewis), Kovacic
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish
Haaland

See no reason why that can't work.

Because there is no need you can walk and he will be walking around his house and daily business until it settles enough for the op to happen. Once that is done he will have a brace on for some months to prevent any damage to the repair to allow it to take. But once its snapped then mobility has to be maintained and there is no point immobilising what is not there, if that makes sense?
What op is this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.