16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think he's improved much since his first season, I can't be the only one?

I thought he was already a great player back then too. People are just starting to see it better now that Fernandinho's less of an option.
I tend to agree, obviously he has gained experience and the other players have adapted to his presence as he has to them. I'm a little meaner and tend to wait to close to a player's career end before using the "great" word but he was a very good player before he arrived (probably why we bought him) and was vastly better than he got credit for.

I really don't think he's improved much since his first season, I can't be the only one?

I thought he was already a great player back then too. People are just starting to see it better now that Fernandinho's less of an option.

I’ve always been a fan of him and have defended him a lot of times on here. While I do agree with you, I think his positioning is a lot better now than it was in his first season, maybe even last season. He does seem to have gone up another level this season I reckon.

Everything else - especially his ball retention - is what it always has been, which is brilliant.

His pass to Walker for the first goal is a proper Rodri pass. Seems to play is so well every single time, it never misses its man and leads to chance after chance when it happens.

Absolutely brilliant player. Don’t underestimate how much his height helps defend set pieces as well. Having Dias, Laporte/stones and rodri defend the middle zone is so important

I’ve always been a fan of him and have defended him a lot of times on here. While I do agree with you, I think his positioning is a lot better now than it was in his first season, maybe even last season. He does seem to have gone up another level this season I reckon.

Everything else - especially his ball retention - is what it always has been, which is brilliant.

His pass to Walker for the first goal is a proper Rodri pass. Seems to play is so well every single time, it never misses its man and leads to chance after chance when it happens.
To me it was always pretty obvious he would get better with time. He is being coached in a position by a man who is in the books as one of the best to play the position. Never mind his early years being coached by Simeone.

Positioning, game understanding and off the ball movements get better with time.

To me it was always pretty obvious he would get better with time. He is being coached in a position by a man who is in the books as one of the best to play the position. Never mind his early years being coached by Simeone.

Positioning, game understanding and off the ball movements get better with time.

100% agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.