16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG are nothing like Burnley and Rodri had a better performance in Paris than today. He can put in fantastic performances against any type of opposition: Real, Burnley, Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Watford, PSG, etc. There was no need to spell out your thoughts, I just couldn't believe you are serious...
I'm starting to think you're just trolling now, did you not read the part where I very clearly stated his good performances aren't limited to only these type of games? I specifically put that part in to avoid any response that may make that illogical jump and you've still done it.

Of course PSG don't play like Burnley, I didn't mention PSG because of that, you've only mentioned PSG to counter a point I wasn't even making. I was talking specifically about direct physical sides and his dominance in those games yet you continue to take that to mean I'm somehow suggesting they're his only good games, something I've not even hinted at and said so 3 times now to avoid any doubt.

I've made my point, and made it crytsal clear to avoid any confusion. It was a point that was not even remotely critical, if you still want to miss it entirely, and take it to mean something else that's upto you.

It's Burnley, the epitome of long ball Sunday league tactics, and he relishes that type of game. Rodri's best game every season is against Burnley, you can put your life savings on it. it's unfortunate for him the league no longer has that many Burnleys like it did when Pep first joined.
Sorry but that’s tripe, he’s only been surpassed by Bernie as this years stand out performer, how is this being ignored!

Sorry but that’s tripe, he’s only been surpassed by Bernie as this years stand out performer, how is this being ignored!
At the risk of annoying a few I think ninjamonkey's point and appreciation is being misunderstood.

Rodri is of the mould of midfielders like Jorginho, Busquets, Alonso etc but he's uniquely built like a tank. Those guys were never truly capable of handling the physical side but Rodri revels in it. He's not as good as Busquets at what Busquets did, but he's the best at doing that stuff in a league as physical as the PL. Much like you could say about Touré at times.

Today you saw the best of Rodri as his usual holding midfielder self, but there were plenty of occasions where he was just a 6ft3 guy bashing into Burnley's thuggish players in tussles and winning as many aerial duels as he could.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that this was Rodri's best game (compared to say Chelsea), but I could totally understand the post. It was hardly an insult or dismissive comment either (ie well he's only good against shit sides).

I think @ninjamonkey's post history in this thread could be 'tainting' his point. Rodri's season form is that of a player who is one of the two first names on the team sheet, regardless of opponent. He is quality - a highly technical footballer with great positional sense, physical strength, close control, and incisive passing. His partnership with Bernardo is blossoming as the latter covers Rodri's lack of outright agility and the former covers the aerial power and strength naturally missing from Bernardo's game. Keep it up Rodders as you are becoming a favourite for many.

He's quietly turned brilliant for us.

He's learnt how to use his big frame properly now and got used to the pace of the game.

My only concern is that his best 4 games are when he's not had Gundogan in a midfield with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.