#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the latest CL programme on BT and they’ve got a long section (seems to have been on for 30 mins) that’s interviewing Kev and Mbappe on the show.

Kev making a point that he’s never been interested in stats, he doesn’t care about pass competition and doesn’t care what stats he or anyone else has because football is not a sport about statistics and data.

Well said, Kev. I’ve been saying the same for years. Football has so many facets that have nothing to do with stats, football is about exploiting space.

Just watching the latest CL programme on BT and they’ve got a long section (seems to have been on for 30 mins) that’s interviewing Kev and Mbappe on the show.

Kev making a point that he’s never been interested in stats, he doesn’t care about pass competition and doesn’t care what stats he or anyone else has because football is not a sport about statistics and data.

Well said, Kev. I’ve been saying the same for years. Football has so many facets that have nothing to do with stats, football is about exploiting space.
Pretty sure football is about scoring goals and not conceding goals.

I take it his stats are down recently :-)

Pretty sure football is about scoring goals and not conceding goals.
You can only do one if you exploit space and the other if you don’t allow your space to be exploited.

Funny that because it was those stats that he put on the table to prove to City what he believed he was worth in contract negotiations.

Funny that because it was those stats that he put on the table to prove to City what he believed he was worth in contract negotiations.

Was going to say the exact same thing. Footballers are so full of shit it's unbelievable. He paid staticians to complete a full bloody data analysis which justifies his wages.

Stats clearly have a significance,but they never paint the full picture,any opinion that relies solely on such will be severely clouded.

Yup. He hired a team full of top notch data analysts during his last negotiations to illustrate his importance to city now and going forward.

One thing to note about stats though, most top clubs do not use the "stats" that are readily available to fans. Pass%, xG, etc.. this isn't what they're using to evaluate players, set game plans, etc. That's yesterday's news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.