#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still worried that he really needs that season ending operation.
We are managing his season with him only making occasional appearances with mixed results. Wouldn't surprise me if we get to December and he is then out for months. Probably back just in time for the world cup ;-)

Some interesting comments from Pep tonight.

Said Kevin wasn't working hard enough defensively vs Leipzig but he did so tonight. Was also talking about recovering from injuries, and said something along the lines of,"recovering from what Rudiger did to him". Maybe trying to get Kev fired up for the game/ruffle Rudiger's feathers along the way ;)

Said Kevin wasn't working hard enough defensively vs Leipzig but he did so tonight. Was also talking about recovering from injuries, and said something along the lines of,"recovering from what Rudiger did to him". Maybe trying to get Kev fired up for the game/ruffle Rudiger's feathers along the way ;)

Tbh I think its just a genuine comment. Apparently he lost feeling in parts of his face as a result of that, which is absolutely shite. Hopefully it's getting better.

Tbh I think its just a genuine comment. Apparently he lost feeling in parts of his face as a result of that, which is absolutely shite. Hopefully it's getting better.
It was a shocking challenge so i'm unsurprised to hear there was nerve damage.....Rudiger got away with that one,he knew exactly what he was doing,and it still grates now......i'm sure Kev (and Dinho ;-)) won't have forgotten either.

He looked rusty last night,and while i wasnt keen on his inclusion prior to the game,the minutes will have done him wonders and it must have been great for our kids to play alongside,and take inspiration from him.

Glad Pep pointed that out.

No talk from the media about that, but when Ramos got Salah out everyone was enraged. True we didn't do enough in the final overall, but that injury didn't help.

Fuck Rudiger.

Anyone else mildly concerned that we've possibly seen the best of KDB now? He's still fucking brilliant, don't get me wrong, but I feel like his overall impact on the team might be about to start to lessen. Injuries, age etc. I say 'concerned', but I guess I mean just a bit upset. Ha. He'll be a hard one to see on the wane.

This isn't a reaction to last night or anything, just a general feeling.

Reactions: JDV
Anyone else mildly concerned that we've possibly seen the best of KDB now? He's still fucking brilliant, don't get me wrong, but I feel like his overall impact on the team might be about to start to lessen. Injuries, age etc. I say 'concerned', but I guess I mean just a bit upset. Ha. He'll be a hard one to see on the wane.

Not worried about it. Time hits all players. KdB has peaked, and what a peak it is.

Now we look forward to the next players peaks, Foden will be the first to explode.

I agree..hes reached his peak but will stay there for a few more years.
Play the position Pirlo used to play as he gets older

Not worried about it. Time hits all players. KdB has peaked, and what a peak it is.

Now we look forward to the next players peaks, Foden will be the first to explode.

Oh yeah im sorta fine with it too, but for some reason KDB... I dunno. His potential decline seems to hit me harder than some others. I wonder if it's because I feel like there is some unfinished business for him still. I want to see him with the Champions League trophy so much. Hopefully he gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.