#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, that's underrating KDB too much. He's been the best midfielder for the last 4 years(after Modric prime) unanimously. When were Aguero, Silva, Kompany or Yaya unanimously the best in their positions for 3-5 seasons? I would even say none of them were the best in the world for their position for 1 season. I don't know if KDB will be the best City player (because there is a lot of emotion attached to this) , but I have zero doubts that KDB is already the best player that has played for us at least in this century.
I disagree i think due consistency Silva tops Kev as a City player. At his best Yaya was certainly the best at what he could do and I think if it wasn’t for injuries prime Vinnie would have taken some topping.

I take your point too that Kev is the best in the world in his position. Not taking anything away from Kev because obviously he’s absolutely brilliant but the competition is a lot lower than is was a few years ago. The standard of top European club and international teams is at a real low. Not going back far to think when there were players like Xavi, Iniesta and Gerrard.

Nowhere near his best today but that actually is a positive for me.

The team still put in an immense performance so let's see what happens when Peak Kev kicks in.

I think foden worked better than anybody else in that position and it worked for the team just doesn't neccesarily work best for kdbs game, that's a sacrifice he will have to make and there's zero doubt he will do it expertly.
Personally liked Foden there to start. Coz he spare headed the press well. And that was a significant part of why we disoriented Chelsea.

Nah, that's underrating KDB too much. He's been the best midfielder for the last 4 years(after Modric prime) unanimously. When were Aguero, Silva, Kompany or Yaya unanimously the best in their positions for 3-5 seasons? I would even say none of them were the best in the world for their position for 1 season. I don't know if KDB will be the best City player (because there is a lot of emotion attached to this) , but I have zero doubts that KDB is already the best player that has played for us at least in this century.
I think there was 1 year when David Silva was the best midfielder in the world. The year he passed Fabregas.

I think there was 1 year when David Silva was the best midfielder in the world. The year he passed Fabregas.
Personally think there was more than one for Silva, same with aguero and for me toure was the best CM in the world in 13/14

No,not yet at his best...but still very influential and the best cohesion/use of space/ball between him and Bernardo i've witnessed maybe ever.I wasnt convinced we could get the most out of both in the same 11,but yesterdays formula and line up gave me plenty of optimism.

Could have had 2 assists. He was not trying / or be able to dominate.
It's a long season so let him rest from time to time and be ready at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.