#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His main strength is whipping balls in to somebody in the box - or picking somebody out in there - but we’re playing with no striker. Didn’t seem to affect him last season but he’s starting to just look off it completely as well. First touch getting under him, passes not on point, walking about and not pressing.

Don’t think he’s ‘past it’ but it’s starting to be a bit worrying IMO.

Still way below par....i think the injuries are catching up personally but hope he will prove me wrong.

He is mentally not there. Physically he still has everything. He right now seems to be sick of of carrying the team from the midfield all by his output. the lack of a focal striker has taken a toll on him mentally.

Doesn’t get in the team for a bit now Gundo’s back for me.

Rodri and Bernardo have struck up a great partnership and we need Gundo’s short passing game to compliment that.

de Bruyne’s legs aren’t connected to his brain this season.

He is mentally not there. Physically he still has everything. He right now seems to be sick of of carrying the team from the midfield all by his output. the lack of a focal striker has taken a toll on him mentally.
Do you think? I think he looks well off the pace. Twice today the ball was there for him to control and he could move his feet fast enough. He looks like he needs a month off with him just training on his fitness.

The movement from whoever plays in the front 3 is stifling his game.

There's no-one trying to get in behind, Raz quilty a few times today, just keeping in line and wide when Kev was breaking, it's Kevin De Bruyne ffs make any kind of run and he'll find you. It must be so frustrating for him to play with. Don't even get me started on when he gets the ball wide, no-one making good runs to near post or peeling away at the far, its all step back for a cut-back or nothing. And when he does find them, they can't finish anyway.

Watch him for Belgium and you'll see there's nothing wrong with Kev. Set up every goal they scored vs France and Italy.

Last edited:
Do you think? I think he looks well off the pace. Twice today the ball was there for him to control and he could move his feet fast enough. He looks like he needs a month off with him just training on his fitness.
its his mind that is slow from fatigue and consequently his body as well. when he gets into the stride he still has his pace and power so that can't be the issue.

Astonished KDB played against Burnley , it was the ideal game to rest him and his performance showed he is in dire need of a break from the first team , he looks knackered and looks a frustrated figure at the moment.
Bring Gundo back now he is fit again and send Kev to the Caribbean for a couple of weeks rest he is too important a player to be burnt out by Xmas , and if he needs help with his cases the club can contact me on here :)

Fitness..or Fatigue maybe.a touch burnt out.
Title race last season,champions league Final, Euros,short break,prem,Champions league again and Nations cup semi final and 3rd place play off.
Shades of Bernie a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.