#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
think he’d look a little better if he had the people in front of him making slightly narrower runs or at least ones that cut diagonal in from wing. Often he’s running central or near there on a break and those ahead are keeping too wide a position.
Or he should just put the ball more into the central channels and make them run onto it.

too often the wings get the ball in/near the 18 and have a terrible angle because of the lines they’ve held.

He is mentally not there. Physically he still has everything. He right now seems to be sick of of carrying the team from the midfield all by his output. the lack of a focal striker has taken a toll on him mentally.
Tbh I don't know how having watched Foden, Jesus and more than anyone Bernardo this season Kevin could be under the impression he's carrying us. Sure he will regain form but it's not as if the players around him are dragging him down.

Doesn’t get in the team for a bit now Gundo’s back for me.

Rodri and Bernardo have struck up a great partnership and we need Gundo’s short passing game to compliment that.

de Bruyne’s legs aren’t connected to his brain this season.
I agree.

I think it must also be considered that at 30,and by no means a natural athlete,and with a few injuries behind him......we may well be seeing the new standard for him - while still a brilliant presence,i definitely think we have seen the best of him.

Tbh I don't know how having watched Foden, Jesus and more than anyone Bernardo this season Kevin could be under the impression he's carrying us. Sure he will regain form but it's not as if the players around him are dragging him down.
I mean how ridiculous is that statement?! Carrying the team, really?! If we’re honest, for a lot of matches so far, it’s rather the team that’s been carry him and I, like we all, am a DeBruyne fan

Said in the post match thread that KDB is not performing that well and hasn’t for some time.

He can score the odd great goal and create some wonderful chances but I honestly don’t think he makes our starting 3 in midfield. I also think he doesn’t make either of the wide (left or right) slots in the front three, so reckon he either plays in a false 9 or when there are injuries.

I feel the work rate and balance of the team is better without him in it. Silva, Gundo and Rodri is our best midfield 3. Foden on the left and Jesus on the right our best wide attackers.

KDB signed a 400k (reported figure) per week contract late last season and then we spent 100m on Jack and I don’t think either (on current form) make our starting 11!

that is not how mental fatigue works. you accumulate stress from all the hard work you did previous seasons which effect the present.

He is mentally not there. Physically he still has everything. He right now seems to be sick of of carrying the team from the midfield all by his output. the lack of a focal striker has taken a toll on him mentally.
When was the last time he singlehandedly carried the team, though?! I think that's incredibly unfair on Foden, Bernie and Jesus, and Gundogan and Mahrez if we include last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.