#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all been spoilt with some of his displays over the years so when he has an off game we try and put it into something that it isn’t.
KDB would walk in to any team in the world. He is always one pass from a world class assist, one run from ripping a defence wide open and one touch from a goal.
In my opinion he is first name on the sheet regardless of form.
It’s not as if he is playing shite. Just not as well as he can. But he will. And he has scored in last 2 games but assume we are forgetting about that ha ha.

some people here are funny. they don't think when they type. people say "he looks clumsy so he must feel the after effects of a injury " that makes no logical sense when you think about it. if you are physically effected the first thing you see is a lack of pace and strength. I have seen no signs of that at all in his game. now when do you do clumsy things? when you are thinking slower, which means it is a problem with his mind and not his body.

some people here are funny. they don't think when they type. people say "he looks clumsy so he must feel the after effects of a injury " that makes no logical sense when you think about it. if you are physically effected the first thing you see is a lack of pace and strength. I have seen no signs of that at all in his game. now when do you do clumsy things? when you are thinking slower, which means it is a problem with his mind and not his body.
You have seen no signs of a lack of pace and strength in his game this season? Really?

So where would you play him based on his current (last 6-months) form?
in the middle obviously. he is still the best creative mid we have even in his worst form. gundo is more like a striker now and he never was the creative type. still KDB has the creative spot to his own unless Foden or Jack can play that position full time.

in the middle obviously. he is still the best creative mid we have even in his worst form. gundo is more like a striker now and he never was the creative type. still KDB has the creative spot to his own unless Foden or Jack can play that position full time.

We play 4/3/3. So by "middle" you're saying one of the 2 positions either side of the CDM? For me, on current form (going back ~6-months) i prefer Silva/Gundo in the middle rather than KDB paired with one of them.

I don't think City have ever had a problem creating chances under Pep, whether KDB is in or out of the team. Converting chances we do sometimes struggle. I know it's opinions and we can have our different views (and i respect that), but my own view is we don't "miss" KDB anywhere near as much as some would have us believe when he's not in the team. And on his current form, I don't think he is performing to a level that guarantees him a place in our starting 11.

I guess the question is, had Gundo been fit in recent weeks, would he or KDB have played because i think we would all agree that Silva is a definite starter.

It's a sum of the parts argument for me rather than looking at KDBs individual ability/creativeness.

He has not been his “Ballon D’Or shortlist” best recently, but I think he has been working his way back to full fitness WHILE shagging himself senseless in games for City and Belgium.

It’s clear to all and sundry that his passing has been a bit off. That’s either mechanics or fatigue (mental and/or physical), but his 80% is good enough to walk into most teams.

I hope he’ll get some rotation in the next 5 games, or get subbed off to save himself those last 10 minutes, but we should have enough in midfield to survive!

When we press, we go with 4, which means he is often pushed forward to add to the 3, but I’ve noticed he’s not always the quickest to recover and get back goalside once the opposition beat the press. It’s hard to expect it for 90 minutes, but to see him walk-jogging back has me thinking he’s not fully up to speed just yet.

I’m certain the sports science team know him and his body inside out, and no-one will know better than himself how he feels, but when you are literally noticing the number of wayward, over hit, and under hit passes from him, you know he’s not firing on all cylinders.

I’ve no doubt he will come good, and he’s probably not exceeded 80% prime KDB yet, but he’s still scoring and playing well enough!

We play 4/3/3. So by "middle" you're saying one of the 2 positions either side of the CDM? For me, on current form (going back ~6-months) i prefer Silva/Gundo in the middle rather than KDB paired with one of them.

I don't think City have ever had a problem creating chances under Pep, whether KDB is in or out of the team. Converting chances we do sometimes struggle. I know it's opinions and we can have our different views (and i respect that), but my own view is we don't "miss" KDB anywhere near as much as some would have us believe when he's not in the team. And on his current form, I don't think he is performing to a level that guarantees him a place in our starting 11.

I guess the question is, had Gundo been fit in recent weeks, would he or KDB have played because i think we would all agree that Silva is a definite starter.

It's a sum of the parts argument for me rather than looking at KDBs individual ability/creativeness.
not sure if you noticed but this season we are not creating much chances as before. seems like the weaker teams have a new way of playing against us. in that scenario Gundo is useless as a CM besides he has been shit whenever he played this season. If anything I will put gundo in the false 9 for his finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.