17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best player at City. Still, presses with intensity. In the league last season, among the attackers, he had the most starts and minutes. I hope Guardiola plays him a little less.

It’s kinda funny how I couldn’t detest Liverpool any more than I do, yet the players themselves are all mates.

Looked completely off the pace at the beginning of the season. Could barely get a full 90min in, and seemed sluggish both in mind and body. Understandable, considering that cocktail of injuries and illness he went through.

As the season wore on, he kept on improving. Then March hit and he exploded into top form for the rest of the season. Completely dominated United and Liverpool, scored against both Madrid clubs, cut Wolves to shreds, and of course got that brilliant assist against Villa for the title winner. Delivered when it mattered.

I'm already dreading his next injury, because I hate going through that cycle again.
Physicality is a major part of KDB's game. If he's fully fit, he just shrugs defenders off or burns them with a burst of speed. If he's less than fit, he looks a shell of himself.

Just look at that Villa assist. Roared onto a 40/60 loose ball, breezes past Douglas Luiz, and slides it across for Gundogan. If that was anything other than a fully fit KDB, none of it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.