18 years to the day since 9/11

As to the security of the day, I’d venture it was the same everywhere and your hindsight is 20/20. The primary threat to aviation had been, and was considered at that time, hijacking. We have had policies and procedures for that for decades. This was something different...this was using an aircraft (its fuel, mass and speed) as a weapon (explosive device) of mass destruction. That sea change, using the aircraft as a WMD, coupled with other terrorist threats (esp the sophisticated Philippine bomb threat) completely changed the dynamics. Now, the multi-layered security system in place is designed to stop the secreting of sufficient equipment or materiel to create a WMD out of an aircraft or simply turn it into a 200,000lb+ bomb. A 747-400 @ max takeoff weight is 875,000lbs. That’s a big bang if it goes boom.
My concern was how slow the US was to get fighter jets in the sky that day, the initial two were as I recall flown by reservists.
The whole event was truly dreadful and should never be forgotten, however more people have died in the US from shootings since that day. I wish the US would finally do something about gun control.

I worked at a company called Alphameric based in Pear Mill Stockport. We installed and maintained Epos and data systems in bookmakers and Abbey National amongst others which included Reuter’s news agency systems. Reuter’s was also used for buying and selling stocks, shares and commodities, the Rags had a system at Old Trafford along with a lot of big companies. We had one in Pear Mill and at around 9 am a message flashed up something like “major incident in New York” in big letters, had never seen anything like it in the news section before. I put the TV on in the Office I worked in and watched in horror as the day developed. One of our Engineers in the South a lad called Arwell rang me and said he was going home to see his wife because he thought it was going to be the end of the world, that really spooked me. It was a day that changed the world and has cost many more lives than the ones murdered that day, a truly shocking historical event.

My concern was how slow the US was to get fighter jets in the sky that day, the initial two were as I recall flown by reservists.
The whole event was truly dreadful and should never be forgotten, however more people have died in the US from shootings since that day. I wish the US would finally do something about gun control.
A big problem was the war games that took place that day and the chain of command were an absolute joke, nobody lost their jobs I don't think which still amazes me now.

You sound dismissive of “reservists.” Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept here? Look up Air National Guard.

As for 2A, I refer you to Constitutional scholars, who will point you to the Amendment process, and will simply say “Good luck!”

You sound dismissive of “reservists.” Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the concept here? Look up Air National Guard.

As for 2A, I refer you to Constitutional scholars, who will point you to the Amendment process, and will simply say “Good luck!”
Tbf mate we don't really have an equivalence in terms of reservists to your national guard over here, so it's a forgivable misunderstanding.

It's outrageous the way it's been allowed to change the course of history, to this extent.

Most likely would have been foiled, but for the appalling levels of security around domestic US flights at that time. 9/11 was so avoidable and therefore, also, the chaos that has followed it.

Not a usually conspiracy theorist, more a cock-up theorist most of the time, but there's nothing wrong with questioning stuff when the stakes are high power and wealth, both of which do funny things to people.

This is my position, never underestimate the lengths people go to.I do not think either there is a big conspiracy, i don't have enough tangible evidence to form an opinion. That is where the sketchyness is for myself. The report given was really dodgy, i mean it was barely a report.

I also struggle with WTC7, i know what a kicker charge is and a solid understanding of fluid dynamics/structural engineering to know it just flat out looks dodgy as hell. I struggle desperately to explain this.

I have searched high and low for an explanation to this but i have not found one. As someone who depends on logic to work my way through this world i find myself still shaking my head at this unable to give a credible explanation beyond controlled explosion.

This is my position, never underestimate the lengths people go to.I do not think either there is a big conspiracy, i don't have enough tangible evidence to form an opinion. That is where the sketchyness is for myself. The report given was really dodgy, i mean it was barely a report.

I also struggle with WTC7, i know what a kicker charge is and a solid understanding of fluid dynamics/structural engineering to know it just flat out looks dodgy as hell. I struggle desperately to explain this.

I have searched high and low for an explanation to this but i have not found one. As someone who depends on logic to work my way through this world i find myself still shaking my head at this unable to give a credible explanation beyond controlled explosion.

It does look terrible and that was the thing that made me think it was a stitch up. But then I saw a video debunking the conspiracies and actually that building had a lot of damage to it at the bottom of one corner. Obviously the conspiracy videos never show it from the angle you can see the damage because when people see that it becomes more believable that it did just collapse.

I went on a YouTube 9/11 mission last night and watched a couple of docos. The first was about Tricia Head the daft twat. Which then lead me on to the red bandana man which is brilliant and has left me with one of those warm glow feeling you sometimes get when you find a hero in a tragedy.

Yeah i saw that i think @jay_mcfc. My issue with it is the uniform falling. The opposite side would have been dragged as opposed to drop. What i would expect to see from a building falling due to that kind of compromise is the undamaged side falling inwards from the top more like it is being dragged so it falls in on it's self if you get me. The drop for the un-damaged side just doesn't add up to me. Certainly not saying it as a hard and fast absolute though, as you say the debunking vids seem convincing on most stuff.

I did a rough 3d virtualization of this in autocad or similar years ago and i could not get the result i saw on the video from weakening one corner of the building. This was mid 2k though so maybe an updated model with a more recent engine to render the maths involved.

I fully accept variables like composition of the steel used etc. It all got flogged to China quick fast so there is none of the structural material about to test for independent research.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.