1894 Group: Carabao Cup Singing Section

Why not?

How’s it any different to people banging on the back of ss3
I don’t like them and IMO, I think they’re pretty small time. They make me cringe.

I’ve also never heard anyone banging on SS3, which is just excellent.

we have taken a drum to Wembley 3 times, gets quite a lot of hassle.

A drum will work if we get enough people round it wanting it and singing to it.

At the moment we cant get enough people to be around the drum on match day. If you feel strongly about it please come to next CL home game and give it a go.

If when we get a group of tickets in 115 for cup games 200 fans applied we would sing louder and could utilise a drum. But unfortunately singers don't like moving from where they are already.

As it stands just going to a game and standing in 115 banging a drum to songs doesn't work.

From the outside it may look as though we need to try new things. We all know, including many on BM, what it will take to make more noise, we know exactly what needs to happen. But what it comes down to and no matter what you put in place, it needs more fans to join in.

A good example to compare would be Rangers "union bears". The atmosphere & noise they create isn't because they have a drum or capo or sell their own merchandise, the fans in that singing section want to sing and all 2,000 of them. Because they want to sing, stick a drum in, have a capo at the front and it orchestrates more noise. Their singing block of 2,000 actually has a waiting list of fans wanting tickets in that block to belt out songs, you literally can not get a ticket in that part of the stadium. Sounds like I'm moaning please dont get me wrong, but the fact of the matter is we get a group of 100 tickets ( we could increase it by more if demanded ) and 50 or 60 come forward to buy them.

If anybody can think of a way to get fans to move and group up please let us know. With over 50k in the stadium there must be 3,000 hard core singers, the noise could be unbelievable.
I was in 115 when a guy brought a drum and you're right he got dogs abuse.

Maybe 1894 could start leafleting people threatening to distribute clappers if they don't accept a drum or that they start audibly supporting the team?

If we could generate half noise we get when booing UEFA's little ditty there'd be a great atmosphere

Please don’t get a drum. I haven’t even read the thread fully. Nor some posts fully. I just saw the word drum. Please don’t. Please.
I agree.

All the Italian clubs who don’t have a drum and every decent English atmosphere that doesn’t have a drum, including top atmospheres at the Etihad, show that drums aren’t needed and far too many fans hate them!

What we need is to move the Singing Section because it’s in the wrong place. I can’t see that happening but that’s the biggest thing that stops a lot of the ground joining in - I’ve looked over and seen a number of people appear to be singing and clapping in the Singing Section but the away fans are miles louder right next to them so it’s like putting an iPhone speaker next to a giant gig speaker and hoping to hear it.

The other thing is to get the 1500+ fans in SSL1 who just stand there with their arms folded to get singing. The louder the Singing Section the more everyone else joins in with.

I don’t like them and IMO, I think they’re pretty small time. They make me cringe.

I’ve also never heard anyone banging on SS3, which is just excellent.
They annoy the fuck out of most people within about 5-7 minutes of any game where any Europop fans bring their drum to the Etihad.

They are awful!

The drum discussion has be debated on here on numerous occasions.

It will always split opinion.

Personally, I’m for it, even as a trial, and as long as it isn’t banged non-stop for 90 minutes, and it’s in any future NS/1894 block, where it can be used without pissing people off who hate it, and without the drummer get s*** off people who hate it.

The Celtic drummer is fantastic. The Sheffield Wednesday drummer is s***.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.