1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

That was more about the acoustics and it has beem built very well to give a loud surround sound noise.
After ten minutes most of them shut up, and that kop end of theirs was only the bottom half singing mainly, but it is bulit that the noise amplifies and in turn makes it sound load as fuck
Admit though the second tier stands were also in good voice sporadically, but when they sing the stadium helps it become a wall of noise.
They have a stand with 17k people in it. All in there starting songs off... We have 20 of us at the back of block 115. The stadium makes a HUGE difference!

I don't like the sunderland one either, every song about us wining the prem is about the other team, we are an afterthought to have a rag/scouse bashing song.

Just not my cup of tea as I couldn't give two fucks about taunting either of them unless we are playing them , they are certainly not worth the oxygen every game.

I also want as much noise as possible, just won't be joining in with these 3 songs personally

Fair enough, each to their own. If we don’t sing anything about rivals though, we’d need more original City songs, but who is coming up with them?

Anyway, I can’t wait for Wednesday, let’s hope it’s bouncing like the first half of last years QF.

They have a stand with 17k people in it. All in there starting songs off... We have 20 of us at the back of block 115. The stadium makes a HUGE difference!

Thats what I just said the kop end is built for that purpose and any north stand rebuild at ours should be similar if possible.

Give it a few wank performances and that kop end will be silent just like at anfield, but even if only 20-30 were singingit will sound like 5 times as much

100% agree. I think it’s becoming a problem now - as in the songs everyone knows aren’t sung enough.

Most city fans know the words to
We’re not really here
Hey Jude
We love you city
Bluemoon
Best team in the land

Other then the last one most of them are sung once a game at most. The vast majority of people don’t sing the Dzeko song or the allez one. Sing the classics !
Spot on!

I’ve been saying this since I was really disappointed with our atmosphere at the FA Cup semifinal against Arsenal two years ago.

Some people are obsessed with singing new chants over and over and over again. On the coaches and trains, in the pub, on the concourse and then in the stands. But the vast majority don’t know those chants and they can take quite a while to take off across a whole support.

By all means keep them going in those pubs and concourses but in the stands, especially at places like Wembley and our own stadium, we have to maintain the classic City songs.

The best chant we have to get everyone involved in is “The Best Team In The Land...”. And every single fan knows “We Love You City”. “Bluemoon” “We’re Not Really Here” and “Na Na Na Naa City” are good when we’re winning.

And I’ve kept saying this over and over for years: we need more/new City chants. Chants about the club. They are the ones everyone will join in with more than the player ones. Especially when some try and get one going about a player that isn’t even on the pitch (which we do a lot!). Doesn’t matter who’s playing if it’s about Manchester City!

Just get the classics going. The lesser known ones will catch on at away games and eventually over time everywhere but the classics are the ones everyone will get behind.

I know people will say “song Police” “doesn’t matter what we sing as long as we’re singing”... but it’s just common sense, not moaning

If we want a good atmosphere the songs that pop off the most are:
- Bernardo song
- best team in the land and all the world
- never felt more like singing the blues
- sergio aguero city champion
- allez allez (anyone refusing to sing it is just stupid as they’re adding to the silent atmosphere we have)
- blue moon
- empty seats at home

Realistically our poor atmosphere is down to the disorganisation of our fans which is partly our fault and the clubs fault. The away fans need to be moved as they split the singing section in half, this causes chants to be out of time or either sides chanting different songs, which leads to chants just petering out. The most annoying factor though is that fans will chant one verse of a chant then just stop, if you want a good atmosphere, you need to chant multiple verses.
Another way the atmosphere can improve is by bringing a drum and creating chants around a drum beat e.g. we could sing the Paris SG chant but replace it with MCFC and the common German club chant “tral la la lala la e.g. Bayern München” but replace Bayern München with Manchester city.
I’ve posted on here before about implementing a drum which was rejected with the argument “who’s that bellend with the drum” I mean if people’s midsets are like that, it’s the reason our atmosphere is so bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.