18's v Blackburn

Nelly's Left Foot

Another good win today but not a great performance. Maybe not surprising as we had a lot of the best and most experienced players missing. Fiorini, Palmer , Delap to name just 3 and that's just from the attacking perspective.

1 nil at half time thanks to Robertson's goal after a top run from Wilson-Esbrand but the second half was as poor as I can recall from City. Giving the ball away constantly and although BBurn were better it was very much City playing poorly

Having said that a great through ball , I think from captain Joe Hodge set McNeill away and he swowed good pace to come in from the left and beat the keeper from the angle.

Some very dangerous attacks from BBurn where we didnt look at all solid but last ditch blocks and a few good saves from Slicker was crucial until a crazy mistake gifted them a goal . But we hung on and Bynoe-Gittens should have scored from a Slicker clearance but missed the 1 on 1 chance.

How did Shea Charles get on? believe it was his Under 18 debut?

As far as I know it was his first 18's game and he did well. Nothing special I can recall but equally I can't think of any mistakes at all. It will have helped having Burns alongside him I think as he had a very good game and had most of the ball when we played around the back.

How did Shea Charles get on? believe it was his Under 18 debut?
I thought he did quite well for his first game. He looked composed and comfortable on the ball and no doubt gained some valuable experience from playing with the 18s. He’s still an U16 so perhaps could be one to watch in the coming years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.