19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really excited to see this guy play.

Wouldn't be surprised if he needs a significant bedding-in period, we might have to be patient, but he's got loads of potential and hopefully a big future.

I wonder if we'll see more of him deployed on the wing or as competition for the striker's spot.
Appears he’ll play out wide in a Pep 4-3-3, reckon this is the one that’ll surprise us all and I see a little bit of Sergio in him too! I can’t fucking wait for next season

Appears he’ll play out wide in a Pep 4-3-3, reckon this is the one that’ll surprise us all and I see a little bit of Sergio in him too! I can’t fucking wait for next season
I see him playing as either a striker in that 433, or as a 10/SS behind Haaland in a 4231.

Last season Kevin often pressed up with the striker in a 442 (or 4231) and I could see over time Pep molding Alvarez to take over Kevin's role here.

It would remind me of our Aguero and Dzeko days, I think this is when Aguero was the deadliest, working off another striker and finding the spaces.

River 2 - 1 Lanus. Big 3 pts. River were in control after 30 mins up 2-0 ... then had to hang on for dear life for the W. Ball just didn't bounce Julian's way at all - no decent chances, no assists, 80% pass completion. Spent most of the game just running around like mad man. 3 more matches to go - 2 road and the last at home. Important thing is he came away healthy. He also got really mouthy with the ref and got a stern finger-wagging talking-to, bad boy.

Next up is leg 1 @Velez Sarsfield in the Copa Libs on Wednesday. Velez signed 76 yr old Diego Godin a few days ago. When asked how he would defend Julian Alvarez he basically said he would cheat ... within limits. Not kidding.

Felling the opposite and feel like he is going to have one of the best debut season for a city player. he is already tailor made for the pep and city way of playing

Same I'm not fully expecting a lot he's had a tough season but I don't think they'll be much pressure on him once he's here people will be watching Haaland, they'll also be scrutinising Grealish's 2nd season plus Phillips and Cucurella should they arrive whereas Alvarez's fee will protect him, personally think he may thrive relatively pressure free and if he doesn't we can put it down to him settling in but there's defo a good feeling about him, he's fatigued right now but looks an exciting signing just the fact that Jesus is leaving shows the kinda trust I think he'll be given this season, another plus is he'll want to book his place on the plane for Argentina's World Cup squad, so it'll give him a boost with new players around him he'll wanna impress quick and he'll be raring to go and could hit the ground running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.