1917 film

Easy on the details, please, as some of us are interested in opinions, but not a recitation of the entire film. It’s just come out and I’d like to see it without knowing every scene.
The first hour is a guy with a shovel digging a very long hole.

I have to agree with TheBlueDune, earlier on this thread. Paths of Glory is a masterpiece which never ceases to make me angry at the corruption among the top brass and the injustice they inflicted on the poor cannon fodder who had to do the dirty work. A film that angers you is a film saying something about the human condition in all its forms, good and bad.

No wonder it was banned in France for many years after its release in 1958. It showed the establishment up in a bad light.

And Kirk Douglas is still going strong at the age of 103.

Is it one of your boys?

Yup. A week filming up just for a 2 second appearance. After Colin Firth briefs George Mackay and Dean Charles-Chapman, and they start wandering through the trench network, they turn right into a slightly wider trench and no.1 son is one of the soldiers sitting on the right hand side of it.

Yup. A week filming up just for a 2 second appearance. After Colin Firth briefs George Mackay and Dean Charles-Chapman, and they start wandering through the trench network, they turn right into a slightly wider trench and no.1 son is one of the soldiers sitting on the right hand side of it.

Must have been an experience all the same.

Not sure if I will get to see film at a cinema (suspect I'm only one in family keen to see it) but whenever I do see it, I'll keep a look out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.