Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

gooney said:
blumoonrises said:
Garbage... it doesn't take much logic to see that the pic above shows clearly what happened, the sort of challenge that happens thousands of times in football at every level every week and normally goes unnoticed, just like it did on sunday when play carried on and no-one gave it a second glance until the injury was obvious.. It was just unusual circumstances involving angles and weight distribution that resulted in a break.
NDJ or any player could replicate that tackle another 100 or so times and nothing would happen.
So him breaking 3 ankles in less than one year is nothing but coincidence and he shouldn’t even consider to look at what he’s doing wrong? And everyone in his home country got him wrong as he broke 2 players ankles just before the world cup and made them miss it? Or is it that you have your blue glasses on and cant see the problem with players who have De Jongs mentality?

No, I've just played a lot of football... and idolised Gerry Gow.
But if you are correct why don't you just disprove what the pic shows by using logic..?

Can't believe some numptys actually slagging off De Jong, fuck off it was a legal tackle and accidents fucking happen, just because someone gets a broken leg doesn't mean shit. Now fuck off

Joga Bonito said:
Can't believe some numptys actually slagging off De Jong, fuck off it was a legal tackle and accidents fucking happen, just because someone gets a broken leg doesn't mean shit. Now fuck off

Exactly..! I posted in another thread how I did something similar with a tackle during a game...the fact that it was one of my best mates shows that it can happen without intent.

Good on De Jong for being a hard tackler, i hope this doesnt deter him at all.

However, it is pretty tragic what happened to Arfa.. but like this is sport, shit happens, i had a knee injury when i was 13 from a bad tackle and was told i was never going to play again (i have gone back to it finally now but its 10 years later ) thats the risk you take, shit can go wrong even if there is no intent.

fair enough if de jong was a thug who intentionally went out to hurt people, but ffs people use some discretion, he isnt like that

maybe they should all waddle out wrapped in cushions

From day one I've been left wondering how De Jong gets away with playing football for a living when he has no skills to speak of. The best defenders don't slide tackle unless it's the only option, De Jong revels in pushing the boundaries of what he can get away with.
A poor quality footballer, plain and simple!

Neil McNab said:
From day one I've been left wondering how De Jong gets away with playing football for a living when he has no skills to speak of. The best defenders don't slide tackle unless it's the only option, De Jong revels in pushing the boundaries of what he can get away with.
A poor quality footballer, plain and simple!

Complete rubbish.

No skills to speak of. The boy has played in a world cup final for gods sake, how many world cup finals you played in lately as you are obviously a far superior footballer to dejong who has no skills to speak of

Yeah and look what he did

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF31LfZR7sE[/youtube]

yes thats quite clearly the only thing he did for the entire tournament wasnt it and obviously u must have been on the same pitch for you to have such an incitful opinion on the matter.

Yes he made a bad challenge in a world cup final but that doesnt diminish the fact he was there. To say he has absolutely no football skills as rubbish of the highest order

mancboy123 said:
No skills to speak of. The boy has played in a world cup final for gods sake, how many world cup finals you played in lately as you are obviously a far superior footballer to dejong who has no skills to speak of
If I watch an odd job man botch a plumbing job, I can say he's a crap plumber without being a plumber myself, morons logic!
I saw him embarrass his nation at the world cup, players with ability in his team played some football while he and Van Bomell took their primative swipes and made some divots!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.