Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

r.soleofsalford said:
Benarbia said:
FYI the Dutch coach - Van Marwijk made 468 appearance in club football and also played for Holland. I think he is qualified enough hth

has van bommel been selected

my thoughts exactly. van bommel is the real cynical cheating clogger in the dutch side. plus "holland's cynical approach" throughout the world cup must have been at van marwijk's instigation & with his approval, no?

rassclot said:
my thoughts exactly. van bommel is the real cynical cheating clogger in the dutch side. plus "holland's cynical approach" throughout the world cup must have been at van marwijk's instigation & with his approval, no?

But Van Bommell is married to Van Marwijks daughter so he cant make him out to be the scapegoat can he so he is pinning it on NDJ

Egyptian said:
Ricster said:
I wish you'd seriously fuck off. I'm fed up of you spouting shit all the time you little ragtastic twat.

Assault? You want to try a night out in Rochdale then pal.

I see most of the videos has been pulled of from Youtube. Listen, i'm no rag and i wish City all the success in the world and i'm sure NDJ feel very bad about the outcome. But at the same time it was a tackle that was completely out of order in my book and i'm with Ben Arfa on this one. <a class="postlink" href="http://vodpod.com/watch/4586660-de-jong-on-ben-arfa-and-xabi-alonso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vodpod.com/watch/4586660-de-jong ... abi-alonso</a>

The vast majority of us are with Ben Arfa mate in that we wish him a speedy and full recovery from what was an horrific injury which occurred during a football match...a contact sport...a sport that sees injuries all the time due to contact with other players and also due to pitch conditions. Contact that i might add which was deemed completely fair at the time by the referee, the players given their collective reaction at the time and a fair few commentators since.

You carry on with your character assassination of a city player on a city site, just don't be surprised that it isn't going to go down too well eh!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/October/Nigel-ban-story

Roberto Mancini has defended Nigel De Jong after the Dutch FA made the decision to drop the City midfielder from their squad to face Moldova and Sweden this week.

De Jong had already arrived in Holland to join up with his international team-mates, before learning that the Dutch coach, Bert Van Marwijk, had decided to drop him.

In a statement to explain his decision, Van Marwijk cited De Jong’s tackle on Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa as the reason for the omission.

Sadly, Ben Arfa broke his leg in the challenge, but referee Martin Atkinson, close to the incident at the time, deemed the challenge fair and not worthy of punishment and after the game in an interview with a national radio station, Newcastle boss Chris Hughton admitted he felt there was no malice in De Jong’s actions.

Despite calling De Jong up for the double header, the Dutch FA made the unprecedented action of dropping a player for an incident which occurred for his club side.

Following De Jong’s return to England to resume training with his club, City boss Mancini said: “I don't want to comment about Nigel not being called up by his National Team as it is a matter for the Dutch Federation.

"However, as his Club Manager I wish to say that whilst he is naturally competitive, Nigel is first and foremost a great player as well as being honest and loyal and I support him wholeheartedly.

I also want to take this opportunity to wish Ben Arfa, who I rate very highly, a speedy recovery and I hope to see him back in action soon

...Roberto Mancini

De Jong, who has never been sent off for City, has started the season in superb form, recently claiming the man of the match award for an all action show in the 1-0 win at home to Barclays Premier League side Chelsea.

He will now continue training at Carrington in preparation for next weekend’s trip to Blackpool.

Egyptian said:
I see most of the videos has been pulled of from Youtube. Listen, i'm no rag and i wish City all the success in the world and i'm sure NDJ feel very very bad about the outcome. But at the same time it was a tackle that was completely out of order in my book and i'm with Ben Arfa on this one. <a class="postlink" href="http://vodpod.com/watch/4586660-de-jong-on-ben-arfa-and-xabi-alonso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vodpod.com/watch/4586660-de-jong ... abi-alonso</a>

You are talking utter crap mate. De Jong will feel sympathy for Ben Arfa as everyone does but I would hope he feels no regret at making the tackle because he did nothing wrong whatsoever. He did his job and did it well.

It was a good tackle with a sad outcome, nothing more.

Nice to see Newcastle's assistant manager come out and say so too. At least someone has some sense.

Personally I think if Ben Arfa has any decency he will do the same and end this nonsensical wailing and hand wringing. If he doesn't and he allows this farce to continue my personal sympathy for him will fade quickly.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Personally I think if Ben Arfa has any decency he will do the same and end this nonsensical wailing and hand wringing. If he doesn't and he allows this farce to continue my personal sympathy for him will fade quickly.

1st time poster and I am a Barcode!

You expect Ben Arfa to come out and say what exactly? Has de Jong issued an apology yet? He is a thug and has proven that over and over again. He went out to hit Arfa early and did exactly - just watch his trailing leg. there was no remorse when Arfa was receiving oxygen and going off on a stretcher - compare that to Shawcross when he caused the exact same injury to Ramsay.

Here's hoping he doesn't bottle Boxing day at SJP!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Egyptian said:
I see most of the videos has been pulled of from Youtube. Listen, i'm no rag and i wish City all the success in the world and i'm sure NDJ feel very very bad about the outcome. But at the same time it was a tackle that was completely out of order in my book and i'm with Ben Arfa on this one. <a class="postlink" href="http://vodpod.com/watch/4586660-de-jong-on-ben-arfa-and-xabi-alonso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vodpod.com/watch/4586660-de-jong ... abi-alonso</a>

You are talking utter crap mate. De Jong will feel sympathy for Ben Arfa as everyone does but I would hope he feels no regret at making the tackle because he did nothing wrong whatsoever. He did his job and did it well.

It was a good tackle with a sad outcome, nothing more.

Nice to see Newcastle's assistant manager come out and say so too. At least someone has some sense.

Ben Arfa dosnt need to say anything, hes the main victim in what was just an accident. As long as he dosnt slate De jong for it hes doing nothing wrong. Im behind De jong and just hope this isnt going to affect his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.