Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

dannybcity said:
Ricster said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjLATAUwao[/youtube]

Men hitting other men with sticks?! It's reckless at best... if not assault!

But surely more appropriate for 'Egyptian' as he clearly doesn't like our premiership.

Look at the state of this

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/DT-Exclusive-Bert-van-Marwijk-talks-to-Nigel-De?urn=sow-274693" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dir ... sow-274693</a>

Getting pathetic now.

cant believe the crap being thrown at de jong,the takle had undue force,there was no need to tackle in that area of the pitch,and now newcastle are requesting the fa take further action,and the only reason is if ben arfur sues now he hasnt a case because the referee deemed no foul had been committed,and correctly so he won the ball,so a judge would go of the referees guidance,however if graham taylor and the fa set another precedent at mcfc expense (again)like the fast track of ade,by giving the referee the option to change his decision,with all the bias media coverage to a sending off for dangerous play,then that inturn opens the door for newcastle to sue ffin witchunt

PSmyth07 said:
Look at the state of this

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/DT-Exclusive-Bert-van-Marwijk-talks-to-Nigel-De?urn=sow-274693" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dir ... sow-274693</a>

Getting pathetic now.

That's utter, utter bollocks. I really can't believe people are twisting a legitimate tackle into, essentially, premeditated assault. If I was De Jong I'd be sueing the lot of them.

Any sane football fan could see it wasn,t intended but all the anti city press jumped in as normal

dannybcity said:
I wish people would stop saying we'd all think differently if it was one of our players. I've no doubt we would but it wouldn't make us right. I don't even begrudge the Geordie's being upset with him now, although their protests at the time weren't much to write home about, they're bound to be bias as are we. Importantly though the one of the few neutral men in the stadium felt it wasn't a foul and that's all that matters.

The same "neutral man" who deemed a centre half playing the ball outside of the box as a penalty and then deemed a blatant fuol in the box by a defender on the opposition team as not a penalty!

I would welcome if they forbid tackles in fotball so that we can
see the fotball that Cruyff once played.
But until they do we will keep on tackle fair and hard like De jong ,Kompany
and the rest of our team !

Paully said:
dannybcity said:
I wish people would stop saying we'd all think differently if it was one of our players. I've no doubt we would but it wouldn't make us right. I don't even begrudge the Geordie's being upset with him now, although their protests at the time weren't much to write home about, they're bound to be bias as are we. Importantly though the one of the few neutral men in the stadium felt it wasn't a foul and that's all that matters.

The same "neutral man" who deemed a centre half playing the ball outside of the box as a penalty and then deemed a blatant fuol in the box by a defender on the opposition team as not a penalty!

Behave, are you implying that the ref was being biased towards City? City's looked like a nailed on penalty to everyone in the ground, it's only when it's slowed down did it look like anything other. You didn't get your penalty but these things happen, get over it for christ sake.

Lordeffingham said:
This thread has gone way too far, we should all now agree to dissagree, but just to show some element of ballance, for those who are ignorant of the fact, we have had four players (3 of them World Class) who have had their careers finished, not just interupted in the past 4 decades, by diabolical tackles.

So it seems like, as in all areas of the game, it's a case of lets all try to beat City with the big stick, when it involves anyone but City being on the recieving end.

Coincidentally, 3 of the 4 tackles in question were committed by Manchester United players, one of which was a criminal assault and should have seen Keane jailed.

So we more than most Clubs, have suffered more than our fair share of taking the shitty end, and if anyone can evidence a Club suffering any worse than we have in the past 40 years I'd love you to come back and show me.

Now STFU and get on with watching the game we all have passion for, we all, without exception feel sorry for the lad who got injured, but to try to justify the onslaught regarding De Jong is plain ridiculous.

All possible perceptions and views have been expressed in this thread and not one of them will change either the past or the future.

not bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.