1956 FA Cup final Manchester City v Birmingham City

Coincidentally, a good friend of my daughter has just sent me the programme for that very final. It belonged to her dad and is in pristine condition. I was over the Blue Moon to receive it. It’s about to be framed and given pride of wall space.

For some strange reason, I associate that final - apart from the obvious Trautmann heroics - with winger Billy Spurdle who was ruled out because, bizarrely, he’d had a boil on his arm lanced the day before! This necessitated a rethink of our line-up that day against overwhelming favourites Birmingham, allowing both Don Revie and, my favourite Blue at the time, Bobby Johnstone to play. We listened to it on the radio.

Last edited:
Got this replica shirt, love it. The number of people who stare at it and wonder who's it is , is unreal!! Wore it tonight, if I had a pound for every time someone came up and asked me who it is....
Is yours the limited edition one that we had to queue up for at Maine Road ? I don’t wear replica shirts anymore except that one for every derby. It’s a great shirt and I still see the odd one knocking about.

Is yours the limited edition one that we had to queue up for at Maine Road ? I don’t wear replica shirts anymore except that one for every derby. It’s a great shirt and I still see the odd one knocking about.
No, got it from City store, only £30. I never buy the new shirts anymore just the old ones. That one and the SAAB one are my favourites...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.