1974 - shirt?

Fred_Quimby

Hi everyone. I am sure someone on here will know. Was there a specific 1974 shirt or was it one that carried over from previous years. My son was born in ‘74 and wanted to get him one. Thanks. Did we have one for the LC Final that year?

Just realised it was ‘that’ Law goal that year. :)

looks like this was it. Before my time. What year did official replica kits become a thing?
1974%20to%2075%20team%20group.jpg

looks like this was it. Before my time. What year did official replica kits become a thing?
1974%20to%2075%20team%20group.jpg
Well I seem to remember as a ten year old in 76 all my mates had the old umbro diamonds on sleeves all sky blue kits from the league cup final

I got my first kit in 1977

Umbro did it well then, it came in a box, thing it was orange with the umbro diamond and name in white

Not like now, just thrown in a bag which you also have to pay for

Hi everyone. I am sure someone on here will know. Was there a specific 1974 shirt or was it one that carried over from previous years. My son was born in ‘74 and wanted to get him one. Thanks. Did we have one for the LC Final that year?

Just realised it was ‘that’ Law goal that year. :)
Contact the poster Colin Bell he knows everything about City shirts

Have a look here

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm

Links to kitbag and 3retro from that page, think you can get the shirt in the club shop too, note that the kitbag shirt is long sleeved and the 3retro is short sleeved.

Deffo had the blue with red top socks in Derby match in ‘74, (‘73-‘74) . Unsure if they switched to sky socks at start of ‘74-‘75 season but I think they did. Peter Barnes played 3 games in ‘73-‘74 but I don’t remember him with the royal blue/red socks, only the sky blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.