1st April 1990

City_Shirts

Champions 37,68,12,14,18,19,21,22, 23, 24, ?
ON THIS DAY:

1st April 1990

Following David Platt's opening goal, Mark Ward and Peter Reid would score their first City goals during a 2-1 win at high-flying Aston Villa which saw City win an away top flight match for the first time since January 1986 when goals from Gordon Davies & Mark Lillis beat Spurs 2-0 at White Hart Lane.

The game which featured on Sunday's ITV Big Match saw a brilliant following at Villa Park and although I'd heard it earlier in the season, on the opening day at Anfield, it was the first time I recall Bluemoon being sang so loudly.

The days of mis-match kits also with the away shorts and socks being used with the home shirt.

reidy44.jpg

The day after the poll tax riots.

WMP not taking too kindly to being reminded that their colleagues in London came away with the silver medal.

Good day.

Top day out.
Also remember seeing the smoke rising in Manchester on our way back.
This was Strangeways kicking off

ON THIS DAY:

1st April 1990

Following David Platt's opening goal, Mark Ward and Peter Reid would score their first City goals during a 2-1 win at high-flying Aston Villa which saw City win an away top flight match for the first time since January 1986 when goals from Gordon Davies & Mark Lillis beat Spurs 2-0 at White Hart Lane.

The game which featured on Sunday's ITV Big Match saw a brilliant following at Villa Park and although I'd heard it earlier in the season, on the opening day at Anfield, it was the first time I recall Bluemoon being sang so loudly.

The days of mis-match kits also with the away shorts and socks being used with the home shirt.

View attachment 112394
My first trip to Villa Park, great memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.