2.5% VAT rebate?

BlueBalls

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I would like to know if City season card holders are entitled to a 2.5% vat rebate for all the HOME games from December 1st which were obviously prepaid when VAT was 17.5%? It's not a huge amount but I've two cards so it would be around £45.....that's a couple of beers.

Any Information?

I very much doubt you will be due any kind of refund. VAT is calculated and paid quarterly. The VAT on the season tickets would have been due to HMRC before the VAT reduction came into force.

Plus I presume they could say that it's a product you've already bought in advance of the reductions?

the purchase of season tickets was done when vat was 17.5% so the fact that they cover games taking place when vat is 15% isn't relevant. the transaction has already been completed months ago.

City did say an adjustment would be made upon renewal for next season. A bit unfair on anyone not renewing.

A partial refund is technically due but it would amount to less than a tenner for most season ticket holders so it makes sense to do it the way the club is doing it. With the way Citys ticket office is run the admin costs of processing refunds would probably amount to more than the actual refunds due.

When you paid it was the correct rate.

You don't go back to ASDA and get the money back on your biscuits you bought before the rate change because you have not eaten them.

Pretty sure the club has said any savings made will go to charity.
And good point about the biccies...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.