Why would they do that. It doesn't make sense .
Ask me how they're getting rows of seats or 50 together in the south stand v gladbach , it certainly isn't random blues selling their seats , don't ask me why they do it but they hold so many back and sell them via agencies to promote city round the world is my guess but one day it will go off & badly & the club should take the blame .

Lets be honest the away end will be rammed with corporates and tourists (some probably wearing Liverpool gear) its getting ridiculous. The club are claiming only 400 got allocated to corps.

My missus now works for Heineken, and has blagged on a corporate jolly for the Liverpool game at our place. Now she is a lifelong Blue (as are all her family), but from what I gather, none of the others going are vaguely even interested in football. Tis a pain.

I appreciate that mate but as an example if you own a box for 10 people you can apply for 10 tickets for every away game(if you have a box its usually a company, so not like its 10 loyal fans going to every game), and I've never known them lose out in the ballot either that seems quite lucky.

What i will say, is that there are 6 of us together in the Commonwealth, we all applied and only 2 got tickets... Now i dont know if box holders are included in Corporate or different... but it would be impossible for all box holders to get tickets for every person we must have 40/50 boxes ?

My missus now works for Heineken, and has blagged on a corporate jolly for the Liverpool game at our place. Now she is a lifelong Blue (as are all her family), but from what I gather, none of the others going are vaguely even interested in football. Tis a pain.

...if heineken did champs league quarter finals...

Ask me how they're getting rows of seats or 50 together in the south stand v gladbach , it certainly isn't random blues selling their seats , don't ask me why they do it but they hold so many back and sell them via agencies to promote city round the world is my guess but one day it will go off & badly & the club should take the blame .
Isn't it more likely that it's corporate box holders who are the source of these agency tickets? They can apply for up to 10 together at a time and use that income to offset the initial cost of buying the box.

The majority of these top-end boxes are used by companies for entertaining clients, and there's not much corporate entertaining to be done in the away end at Burnley, for example, so they apply for part of their allocation and sell them on.

The club then turns a blind eye because they frankly couldn't give a shit where Burnley's ticket revenue comes from and they don't want to get on the wrong side of their biggest corporate clients. Letting them do this costs City nothing, but pulling them up on it could cost them hundreds of thousands of pounds (if not more).

Isn't it more likely that it's corporate box holders who are the source of these agency tickets? They can apply for up to 10 together at a time and use that income to offset the initial cost of buying the box.

The majority of these top-end boxes are used by companies for entertaining clients, and there's not much corporate entertaining to be done in the away end at Burnley, for example, so they apply for part of their allocation and sell them on.

The club then turns a blind eye because they frankly couldn't give a shit where Burnley's ticket revenue comes from and they don't want to get on the wrong side of their biggest corporate clients. Letting them do this costs City nothing, but pulling them up on it could cost them hundreds of thousands of pounds (if not more).

For a resale site to get 57 (if their site is accurate) tickets out of 2819 is shocking, that's 57 fans who have been bumped. 2% of the allocation have ended up on this touting site, it doesn't seem like a lot but thats only one website. I'm sure others will have some too.

EDIT, found another site with 28 for sale in the city end. Yours for £290 before add on fees.

I don't agree that corporates are selling on to agencies, maybe the odd one or two but generally they have bigger things to be doing with their time.

My theory is that the club has a deal in place with agencies whereby in return for taking "x" number of tickets for our home games, they also get "y" number of tickets for our away games. The club's interest is in selling tickets for the home games and the away games are collateral damage for shifting some more home tickets.

Also explains why there are rows of empty seats at our so called "Sold Out" games at the Etihad eg Chelsea a few weeks ago. Tickets are sold by the club to the agencies who aren't able to sell them on to end users probably as priced too high.

Ive spoken to a few half and half / foreign scarf wearing people at our away games this season. All have said that they bought them off an online ticket agency and buy in the away end as it's often cheaper than the home ends. At Huddersfield there was a group of 4 next to me who went to Emirates, Anfield and Huddersfield all in one weekend - each time in the away ends. So perhaps not just a policy employed by City but used by other PL teams too.

I don't agree that corporates are selling on to agencies, maybe the odd one or two but generally they have bigger things to be doing with their time.

My theory is that the club has a deal in place with agencies whereby in return for taking "x" number of tickets for our home games, they also get "y" number of tickets for our away games. The club's interest is in selling tickets for the home games and the away games are collateral damage for shifting some more home tickets.

Also explains why there are rows of empty seats at our so called "Sold Out" games at the Etihad eg Chelsea a few weeks ago. Tickets are sold by the club to the agencies who aren't able to sell them on to end users probably as priced too high.

Ive spoken to a few half and half / foreign scarf wearing people at our away games this season. All have said that they bought them off an online ticket agency and buy in the away end as it's often cheaper than the home ends. At Huddersfield there was a group of 4 next to me who went to Emirates, Anfield and Huddersfield all in one weekend - each time in the away ends. So perhaps not just a policy employed by City but used by other PL teams too.
Yeah, that works too. Both theories revolve around the fact that the club has no interest in who gets away tickets, but every interest in maximizing revenue from home tickets/packages.

Home game sold out as per official Twitter

You mean the game at Anfield? We’ve definitely not sold out. Here’s the very latest stadium map

1ec5ef6135e72530d1f6ed8fd4623d8b.jpg

You mean the game at Anfield? We’ve definitely not sold out. Here’s the very latest stadium map

1ec5ef6135e72530d1f6ed8fd4623d8b.jpg

Red blocks are just a very few single seats.
Yellow blocks are single seats spread about. A few more than the red blocks.
Green still has a few seats left.
The game is 2 Weeks away.
It will sell out.
But it will be full of Scousers all over the stadium. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.