2 | Kyle Walker - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho knows

He almost seems offended when a player tries to beat him for pace.

And I love how he knew immediately Immobile was offside just by how far he'd gotten before Walker caught him - he wasnt looking the right way when the pass was played, he just knew that Immobile wasn't quick enough to get 5 yards on him fairly.

He almost seems offended when a player tries to beat him for pace.

And I love how he knew immediately Immobile was offside just by how far he'd gotten before Walker caught him - he wasnt looking the right way when the pass was played, he just knew that Immobile wasn't quick enough to get 5 yards on him fairly.
He really doesn’t get the credit he deserves most of the time. He’s in the “how the hell do we replace him” bracket for me, just like Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Yaya were. We always find a way to replace them of course, playing differently with players with different attributes, but it’s hard to see our defence being this solid without him. He is our counter attack prevention. Our one on one denier, our insurance policy, our comfort in knowing the opponent’s left flank will do nothing all game. What a player.

Was superb at Euro 2020. His overlapping pace, his ability to play RB or RCB with equal ease, and his ability to snuff out danger with world class recovery pace all served to elevate him above the crowd.

With Walker and Stones on the right side of England’s defence, England looked stronger defensively than they have in years.

Great tournament on the whole,he might be more one footed than Heather Mills but he offers so much in terms of recovery and desire every time he takes the field.His athleticism will eventually desert him.....but no signs that will be anytime soon.

Apart from a pretty shitty opening nervy 20 minutes v Croatia he was outstanding -shut down Denmark’s Maehle completely and was the team’s best Insurance against Counters throughout. Pity we didn’t get to see him up against Spinazzola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.