20 Years Ago Today

Scaring Europe to Death

Oasis played at Maine Road, and City were winning 1-0 at Villa Park

The following weekend we witnessed Steve Lomas playing keepy-uppy near the corner flag, when another goal against disinterested Liverpool would have kept us in the Premier League.

A bizarre weekend that kick-started a bizarre twenty years.
Best Moment: Agueroooooo
Worst Moment: Forget York: Stockport 3 City 1

And now we’re complaining about having to collect our tickets in Madrid before a Champions League Semi Final against the biggest club in the World, managed by Zinedine Zidane.

Preferred it when we were shit to be honest.

The following weekend we witnessed Steve Lomas playing keepy-uppy near the corner flag, when another goal against disinterested Liverpool would have kept us in the Premier League.

And now we’re complaining about having to collect our tickets in Madrid before a Champions League Semi Final against the biggest club in the World, managed by Zinedine Zidane.

Remember the Villa game well, great win then got back to the car and everyone around us had won too! That Liverpool game was bizarre. Totally agree re Stockport, worst moment of my football wtching life (and i'm 61 now!)

Other teams are available - Stockport, Rochdale, Oldham, Macclesfield, Bury, Blackburn, Burnley, Trafford and the mighty Bolton. Don't bother with Wigan

My first concert i remember being in the concourse of the main stand and they had grandstand on showing the city result coming in the small concourse went mental

Walked into a pub near Villa with about 4/5 mates who we'd met up with by chance while parking near the railway line. As we went in the place fell silent, fucking shit ourselves, the landlord shook his head, we walked out and lived to tell the tail.

Ended up in a working men's club playing some stupid card game made up by one of us called the dishwasher challenge and took about £50 off the locals between us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.