2016-17 Champions League Qualifying Matches - (3rd Round, 2nd leg, page 10)

First leg will be away due to seeding around August 16, hone leg a week later
Seeding doesn't effect whether you're at home in the second leg or not, they place both teams in the tie (seeded and unseeded) into another draw and whoever gets pulled out second in that draw plays the second leg at home.

We play one of the winners of 5 games involving the following:

Monaco, Shakter Donetsk, Ajax, Young Boys Berne, Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest and the second place finishers of the leagues in Russia, Belgium, Turkey and Greece.

It's a UEFA tournament, we are Arab owned, new money, and we boo their anthem, so it will be the highest ranked other team in the draw
People say this every year before the draws. Yet we've had Plzen, Moscow twice, Mönchengladbach, Sevilla and Kyiv in recent years.

People say this every year before the draws. Yet we've had Plzen, Moscow twice, Mönchengladbach, Sevilla and Kyiv in recent years.
Gladbach and Sevilla were very useful sides. We've also had Bayern (3 times), Napoli, Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid and Roma. Plus the two ties against Barca in the 2nd round. We've not really done ourselves justice in the competition until this season but we've had fucking rotten luck with draws, getting the very best pot 1 teams and the in form or up and coming teams from the lower pots. Dortmund and Napoli from pot 4 for fucks sake :D

You neglected to mention Barcelona Real Bayern Juventus Dortmund Napoli Roma Sevilla to name but a few. If you really think the draws have been anything other than unkind to City then I doubt your very sanity

We have the highest co-efficient of anyone that has to qualify so we will be seeded. As far as I can tell that has no bearing on who is home or away first.

There are a few countries where their leagues haven't concluded so I the below is based on clubs that would qualify as of now.

Third qualifying round

Seeded
  • Shakhtar Donestsk (Ukraine)
  • Ajax (Netherlands)
  • Anderlecht (Belgium)*
  • Fenerbahce (Turkey)*
  • Sparta Prague (Czech Rep)
Un-seeded
  • PAOK Thessaoniki (Greece)*
  • Steaua Bucharest (Romania)
  • Monaco (France)
  • Young Boys (Switzerland)
  • Rostov (Russia)*
The five winners of those ties would enter the 'Play-off Round'

This is where we would enter and we would play one of the un-seeded teams. The below assumes the highest seeded teams qualify from the 3rd Qualifying round

Seeded
  • Manchester City (England)
  • Porto (Portugal)
  • Shakhtar Donestk (Ukraine)**
  • Villarreal (Spain)
  • Ajax (Netherlands)**
Un-seeded
  • Anderlecht (Belgium)**
  • Borrussia Mönchengladbach (Germany)
  • Roma (Italy)
  • Fenerbahce (Turkey)**
  • Sparta Prague (Czech Rep)**

Like I said, this is based on a few assumptions, but I think we can expect a difficult game regardless. Having said that EVERYONE will want to avoid us. If it works out like that, I'd like Fenerbahce to finally get to Istanbul and the stadium we should have won the UEFA Cup in!

Seeded
  • Manchester City (England)
  • Porto (Portugal)
  • Shakhtar Donestk (Ukraine)**
  • Villarreal (Spain)
  • Ajax (Netherlands)**
Un-seeded
  • Anderlecht (Belgium)**
  • Borrussia Mönchengladbach (Germany)
  • Roma (Italy)
  • Fenerbahce (Turkey)**
  • Sparta Prague (Czech Rep)**

No fear of any of those teams really, we've seen off BMG and Roma before and they along with Villarreal and Shaktar are the best.

Pep will have had how much actual time with the squad by the time we play this ?

He starts June 1st "officially" right? and these playoff's are early July right? so a month-ish.

Am i right with that or totally wrong?
I think he officially starts on July 1st but hopefully he has already started

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.