2017-18 or 2018-19?

Last year seemed to be all about us winning things and breaking records, whereas this year the media contrived a narrative that cast us as stopping Liverpool's manifest destiny and taking every angle possible to take the shine off our Cup victories (Arrizabalagate and financial allegations); so, for those reasons, this year.

What it does demonstrate, however, is that this squad, this club, is incredibly single-minded in its focus, irrespective of the motivation being intrinsic or extrinsic.

Neither a patch on Stuart Pearce’s great season. Did we score ten home goals?

Personally I preferred 2017/18.

The football we played was just breathtaking to watch. The midfield of Fernandinho, Dave and DeBruyne all at their absolute peak, was possibly the finest ever seen in the PL.

Sané and Sterling wide were unstoppable and people were just bamboozled by Ederson, they’d never seen the like before.

It just felt like vindication for the whole “project”. Shoving the “You can’t play like that in the Prem” and “you have to tackle in the prem” ideas back down people’s throat.

We were so much better than everyone else, there was no stress and it was just a joy to watch us pretty much reinvent the game in this country.

2018/19 was obviously incredible as well, but I felt like we were a bit more functional. We knew what we needed to do to win games and we often just did enough and then saw the game out in a controlled way. Super-effective, but not as fun to watch.

The last 10 games or so were not enjoyable at all, it was more a sense of relief after every win than joy. It would have been unbearable if them lot had won.

I think the difference in 2012 in the last few games was, were were coming from behind, so there was stress, but also the joy of winning. This year it just felt like stress and then relief, which is not as enjoyable.

Without a doubt, this season
I totally embraced our chase of Liverpool from when we played them at home and loved every moment of our league campaign from that match

I do wonder if we had three more matches in us for the CL and think that if we had got past Spurs, we would be in the final but we probably wouldn't be PL champions

Last year was immense and the football was fantastic and we blew everyone way, but I always thought until we do the double Prem & FA Cup we’d never be recognised. So 1st to 100 points and now 1st to do domestic treble/quad whichever they accept, on top of Kompany’s last season makes this one better for me and it also means I can go to my grave a happy man, although at 54 I hope that’s not for a while.
The future is Blue.

CTID

I thought we played better for longer periods in 17/18, but we've won more this season.

There are different satisfactions to take from winning it early and pipping someone on the last day. The fact I've not really been able to enjoy the last few months (too anxious) is countered by the fact we didn't win it on the pitch last year, it was only confirmed when United lost to West Brom. We won a lot of games in the last few minutes though so there were more extreme highs.

The week last year we lost to Liverpool twice in the CL, and United, missing out on winning the league against them still stings a little, but getting knocked out by Spurs in the fashion we did this year was absolutely gutting too.

I really can't choose between them to be honest.

This year as it has left me knackered and drained, last year was far too relaxed for this old bert.

Us FOC We live off drama and the posibility of it may go tits up in the end ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.