2018 Ballon d’Or

That's Scotty Parker if you don't mind. He had lovelier hair than anyone else that year, it was a travesty.
It was also a travesty he never won a BAFTA, given he played every supporting character in every WWI docudrama ever made.

Happy that modric won but these overall rankings are awful to say the least. Hazard finishing above Debruyne says it all.
Hazard finishing above DeBruyne completely says it all. We can all argue till the cows come home about who is best in the world but in the UK DeBruyne last season (when it was voted on) was the best player and then right at the end picked by a Salah wankfest. So, lets accept magnanimously that Salah deserved it and, indeed, finished ahead of DeBruyne in this - so, so far so good. What, in Gods earth did Hazard do last year? Oh yeah, of course he plays for a London side and a few random countries who never watch UK football voted for him. Its a bloody stupid popularity contest nothing else. How can you vote on the best player unless you watch almost every friggin game. Perhaps Modric did deserve it for playing consistently well all season - I wouldn't have a bloody clue not watching him play every week. And if I did watch him play every week, then I probably wouldn't watch Griezman every week, or Messi or DeBruyne or etc etc.

Glad Modric won it - had a good run of play in the season and a phenomenal world cup. Of late, not nearly as dominant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.