2018 Summer In And Out and Cost

Yep. Talk about well-run. Really the only deadwood left is Mangala and he'd likely have been off this summer as well if not for the injury.

I said it earlier this summer, but fans are fools if they don't recognize how good Txiki is at his job.

I think mangala has given something no other player has.

Here me out on this one but....

He might not of ever reached the heights expected, he may not of been the pep player needed, but as a club we have looked after him, honoured our commitments and when he got injured we brought him back under the wing of our medical team to be taken care of.

Might not sound great, but imagine being a pro footballer and seeing the honourable way we have dealt with this case - of its a coin toss between us and another big club it would make you realise who will look after you in the absolute worst case scenario personally.

That is worth every penny spent in my eyes.

He might not of ever reached the heights expected, he may not of been the pep player needed, but as a club we have looked after him, honoured our commitments and when he got injured we brought him back under the wing of our medical team to be taken care of.

Might not sound great, but imagine being a pro footballer and seeing the honourable way we have dealt with this case - of its a coin toss between us and another big club it would make you realise who will look after you in the absolute worst case scenario personally.

I agree with you for the most part. I have no complaints against the type of person Mangala is - true professional, always gives his best effort, buys into the team attitude, keeps his nose clean off the pitch, etc. He even turned down the Palace move to fight for his place, and while that would have helped us recoup a large portion of the fee we paid for him, I respect him for his ambition.

I also agree that it speaks volumes that the club has done all they can to help with his injuries and that can't be anything but a positive in player recruitment. But, he is still is one of our poorest signings in terms of money spent and what we got out of him.

That being said, I have no ill feelings toward Mangala and wish him the best in whatever his next step is. Every big club makes bad signings that don't pan out. Luckily for us (and kudos to Txiki and Pep), those come few and far between.

Agree with the sentiment - but we overpaid in the market at the time, and we're not running a charity.
I feel sorry for him - knowing Pep was coming, or at least suspecting, we just shouldn't have done the business. A decent player elsewhere, and perhaps our last good will would be releasing him

1- He is City player and the club is responsible to take care of him.

2- The club will lose more millions if they didnt treat him well because his price will fall more.

I wish Pep could have got hold of Mangala earlier, I think there is a player in there. At Porto he was very strong in the tackle, comfortable on the ball and had great recovery speed. A threat in both boxes also.

Watching his footage in 2013/2014 and the season before its not hard to see why we wanted to sign him.

Chiedibere Nwakali has signed on permanent deal with Rakow Czestochowa 2nd tier Polish side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.