2019-2022 Premier League TV Rights

For clarity, these are the packages -

Package A - won by BT 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30
Package B - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30
Package C - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45
Package D - won by Sky Sports 32 matches on Sundays at 16:30
Package E - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00
Package F - to be decided 20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme
Package G - to be decided 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes

Thanks. So the Bank Hol referred to in F is basically the Boxing Day-ish fixtures?
So 5 out of every 10 fixtures on telly for the weekend rounds, and 10 out of 10 for the midweek rounds

Yes, but they are from normal weekend rounds.

The two unsopld packs are from the current MIDWEEK slots in a season only - like last week when all PL clubs played on Tuesday or Wednesday.

There were no Monday or Friday games sold for those weeks as teams picked for Monday or Friday would be playing twice in 48 hours otherwise.

Right, so they could easy spread those out to Tues Wed and Thurs you mean?

I thought these packages 2 were being tailored for selling to online providers - Amazon etc - so simulcasting say 5 games on a Tues and 5 on a Wed would appeal to them wouldnt it on those platforms??

The packs yet to go are for Boxing Day plus one normal midweek round of games as we have now where everyone plays on Tuesday or Wednesday BETWEEN matches also played at the weekend.

And another pack of two separate midweek rounds.

To pay anything like the money the FA want the channels want to spread these out over as many days and time slots as they can get away with to be able to show as many of the 20 matches they are buying in unique slots and not all at the same time - as right now these mid week games get shown all at the same time - half on Tuesday and half on Wednesday.

They will get more money if they let the channels spread them over more slots.

It is easy at Christmas as you can have slots right through one day to show 4 or 5 games back to back.

With the others the best you can do is have some on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday unless you let the games be shown in different weeks so they can show all of them in separate slots.

I think these are the issues still being discussed to try to get more money.

Package C - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45
Package E - won by Sky Sports 24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00
Package F - to be decided 20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme
So bt have the 12-30 kick off,which sky show at the moment and sky get the 5–30 kick off which bt show at the moment ..

Saturday at 19.45! The 17.30 ones are annoying enough but at least I get home for a late meal but 19.45 is really going to piss me off, not to mention Mrs S

Saturday at 19.45! The 17.30 ones are annoying enough but at least I get home for a late meal but 19.45 is really going to piss me off, not to mention Mrs S

Yeah. Although personally I do like the idea of Friday eve matches, not that we've had a home one yet, but as long as they pay some regard to distances when choosing the games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.